Data Scientist - Active SC Clearance required
location: working from home (must be in the UK)
Duration: Until 29th October 2021.
Role type: Contract (Inside IR35). rates start from 600 per day and can be negotiated
Deadline: Noon 23rd April 2021
A senior data scientist is an expert data scientist who provides support and guidance to teams. Senior data scientists are:
- a recognised authority on a number of data science specialisms within government, with some knowledge of cutting edge techniques
- engage with senior stakeholders and champion the value of data science
- line manage more junior colleagues
- communicate the value of data science to senior stakeholders
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
A data scientist identifies complex business problems whilst leveraging data value. They work as part of a multidisciplinary team with data architects, data engineers, analysts and others.
* work with policy and operations teams to understand where data science can add value
* support strategic and operational decision making in order to create impact
* source, access, manipulate and engineer data processes with data that typically have characteristics of volume, velocity and variety, or both
* build credible statistical models from the data and use best coding practices to generate reproducible work
* may draw on other technical and analytical standards from across government and industry
* adhere to the data science ethics framework
* are open minded and demonstrate strong intellectual curiosity
* have an interdisciplinary focus, using techniques and knowledge from across the scientific spectrum
* explore and visualise the data to present the 'story' of the data in a meaningful way, and to a range of technical and non-technical audiences
* use an evolving range of data analysis tools and techniques, including open source, some of which must be learnt quickly, as and when required
* continuously seek to expand a range of technical skills in addition to their leadership and communications development
* propagate data science skills in other teams, understanding the variety of functional roles relating to data science and how they can be most effectively applied to solve business problems.