Role Title: Data Technical Lead
***Security Clearance required: SC Level ***
Role location: currently working from home
Duration of engagement: 3-6 months
Deadline: Friday 8th January 2021 Noon
The COVID19 Infection Survey (CIS), provides statistical analysis on the COVID19 pandemic for Government and Research purposes. The Data Processing Pipeline (DPP) receives data from multiple sources, processes this data in variety of ways, then provides the cleaned / linked data to several Analysis teams for their investigation. The DPP within CIS is an extremely busy function, working to demanding objectives, with rapid development and very short cycle times.
The role is responsible for the technical development and implementation of the processing pipelines specified and designed in conjunction with the COVID analysis teams. You will be working with a small coding team and a wider analysis team to identify the best ways of ingesting and processing the data received.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
Throughout you will drive the delivery of products and services, whilst coaching team members and others to apply agile and lean principles to their deliverables. You will:
* Work with other to implement the designed pipeline from the ETL of the data at ingest through to the creation of the final analytical dataset.
* As far as is possible ensure consistency between pipelines ensuring that any associated standards are followed.
* Ensure pipelines can be adapted and re-run should data quality issues be identified
* Liaise with Analysis teams to ensure that requirements and specification for data structure and outputs are understood and incorporate in the pipeline
* Address blockers actively seeking solutions to remove them and proposing alternative routes to delivery.
* Promote a frequent incremental delivery approach
* Testing the systems developed both leading the team and carrying out the testing