Data Test Analyst - Central Government
** You must have held SC Clearance within a role within the last 12 months to apply. Applications without this will not be considered **
Contract end date 31/03/22 (likely extension)
An experienced Test Analyst is required to coordinate test planning and delivery work within a cross-functional team - ensuring teams are working towards delivery commitments. They will be needed to transform how company figures are produced. The project will enable the company and those in connection to make better use of data. The project: The Data Pipeline Service Design (DPSD) is structured into two divisions:
* Data Acquisitions and Operations co-ordinates requirements for new data, bringing it into the company environment and making it available across the organisation.
* Data Architecture Division will ensure that data is organised and referenced so that it can be accessed quickly and used appropriately by the organisation.
The Data Pipeline Service Design (DPSD) project is reviewing and redesigning the organisations corporate data pipeline. The data pipeline is the process by which the company works with Government and Commercial organisations to access data under the Digital Economy Act (DEA):
* Acquire & specify data - define and specifying the required data with suppliers, how and when it will be available;
* Data Ingest - transferring data securely between organisations;
* Data Engineering - engineering the data sets to be accessible to the organisation;
* Data Linkage - linking data across multiple data sets for use by research analysts, such as COVID/Health data;
* Data Access - managing access to the different data for research analysts.
We need a Tester to meet the increasing scope of process orchestration and automation work in DPSD. The Automation Tester role requires a working knowledge of the testing methodologies and industry best practices to produce deliverables quicker and with high quality standards.
Testers work closely with Business Analysts and developers to learn the activities and techniques required to establish the basis of testing.
You can analyse changes to the development of products and services. You know how to run and manage appropriate tests to ensure that requirements have been fully met. You understand and can identify the most effective techniques, data sets and tools to use. You can communicate defects or trends clearly to software developers, outlining how defects are identified and the possible causes.
You know how to analyse changes to or the development of products and services. You know how to run and manage appropriate non-functional tests to ensure that requirements have been fully met. You understand and can identify the most effective techniques, data sets and non-functional testing tools. You can communicate defects or trends clearly to software developers, outlining how defects are identified and possible causes.
* It is desired for candidates to have minimum of 4+ years of experience as a Quality Analyst or Software Tester.
* It is desired for the candidate to have recognised Testing Certifications and QA/Test qualifications, eg. BCS ISTQB, Certified Agile Tester etc.
* It is desired for candidates to have good amount of experience in testing Enterprise Solution Frameworks or any CRM and BPM Solutions and regression testing.
* We are looking for contractors to join us for a 4-month period who have extensive experience in software testing, test lifecycle, process governance and QA methodologies.
* It is desired for the candidates to have experience in working in an agile environment and have familiarity with agile ceremonies and artefacts.
* It is desired for candidates to have excellent communication skills to communicate with the Business Stakeholders, have attention to detail and problem-solving aptitude to provide work arounds.
* Review and analyse system specifications.
* Collaborate with BA and Developers to develop effective strategies and test plans.
* Create Test Cases and Execute test cases (manual or automated) to analyse results.
* Creation of test reports and plans for the Stakeholders
* Managing local Test environments and test data setup.
* Create logs to document testing phases and defects to be provided to the Development Team.
* Report bugs/errors and Track the defect lifecycle.
* Help troubleshoot issues.
* Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing.
* Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
* Work with the support team to handover known issues and workarounds.