DBA Team Lead
Up to £65K + benefits
Location of Work: Home based with travel to the Manchester office approx. 2 days a month
My industry-leading client are looking for a DBA Team Lead to lead a team of 3 DBAs and deliver a wide range of projects and programmes of work as well as be responsible for the creation and maintenance of data flows designed to support them.
You will look for ways to improve the efficiency and capabilities of existing systems and support the statistical analysis of client data to answer wider questions.
By leading one of their core technical teams, you will be responsible for the development, optimisation, management, and troubleshooting of systems built on technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server and the Microsoft Azure Cloud platform.
- Designing, developing, maintaining, and optimising databases and ETL processes
- Driving continuous improvement by refining processes, products and identifying new tools, standards, and practices
- Working with teams across the business to define solutions, requirements, and testing approaches
- Assisting with process definition, always ensuring compliance with organisation processes and regulatory standards
- Balancing the workload of the team and providing technical leadership and direction
- Line managing and mentoring members of the team
To be considered you must be an experienced Database Administrator with proven experience of leading a team to drive improvements and be an adaptable and flexible team player. Out-of-hours emergency/urgent work may infrequently be required; you must be good at problem solving and planning, organising and prioritising work to meet deadlines.
- Multiple years of experience working with production systems using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (or later)
- Experience of the full database and ETL development life cycle
- Hands-on experience of applying industry best practices for cross-cutting concerns like availability, security, maintainability, and performance
- Professional experience of leading a small team and working closely with other technical functions (Business Analyst, Developer, Test and Quality)
- Previous experience of line management and mentoring
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2016 (or later)
- Experience with cloud-hosted databases (preferably Microsoft Azure)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (PowerShell, Bash)
- Use of version-controlled databases and Redgate tools
- Experience of working in a highly regulated industry, particularly with validated systems
- Experience of infrastructure as code and associated tooling (deployment, automation, and configuration management)
- Designing, building, and maintaining solutions using Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services
If this sounds like you and you would like more information the please apply for more information.