- Essex, England
- £400 - £450 per day
- Job Type
- Jessica Jolly
My client based in the South East are looking for a DBA on a CONTRACT basis for an initial 6 month contract (outside IR35).
To be considered you must be available immediately or at a 1 week notice.
*Please note - you will be required to go to their Essex office 3 x a week*
*Day rate is £400-£450 per day*
Key skills are:
· Expert and current knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Excellent knowledge of licensing implications
- Experience of SQL Server upgrades
- Experience with "Always on" clustering
- Experience with backups
· Extensive problem solving skills
· Ability to convert a set of requirements into a documented solution that is supportable by a small team but scalable for growth.
· Experience of working with a team of IT engineers and infrastructure across a multi-site environment
· Understanding of service management tools (e.g. Arcserve, Avamar, Desktop Central, Zabbix, TSM).
· Good organisational skills, the ability to handle a variety of tasks and priorities.
· Strong adherence to quality processes and understanding of right first time approach
· Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar technical role
· Experience of ITIL, Prince2 and Agile methodologies.
· Maintain solution documentation and accuracy of the configuration management database (CMDB) or equivalent.
· Flexible approach as working unsociable hours is sometimes required.
· Define repeatable standard procedures, with a view to automation.
· Provide third line support responding to incident referrals.
· Support hardware and software for strategic Database Management Systems solutions. Hardware support is in conjunction with the UNIX/Storage team and Wintel/VMWare team as appropriate.
· Strategic Database Management Systems are currently limited to Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and PostgreSQL on premise and in the cloud (OCI, AWS, Azure)
Please apply for more details if this sounds like you and is of interest.