Must hold SC
Flexible Hybrid working - either Newport or Titchfield, and/or fully remote for the remainder.
Duration: 3 months
Lead the discovery and roll out of a roadmap to reduce elements of the organisations' legacy IT estate. In 2022/23 this will focus mainly on Ingres technology.
This isn't a technical role, but a good understanding of technical components (system interfaces, APIs between databases) would be advantageous. Also understanding the cost and risk of legacy systems and products being hosted on legacy tin would be helpful.
This role is about working with internal/external subject matter experts to mitigate risk to the organisation by migrating survey components (and eventually whole surveys) onto a new cloud platform. Team working is fundamental to the successful delivery of this project. The core team of business SMEs are capable individuals with great departmental experience.
Work with the SMEs to keep the team playing together. Keep individuals and the team focussed on what needs to be done and what the direction from project board/programme board is (not what they would like to do). Be tactful and pragmatic, prioritise tasks within deliveries, but allow a degree of flexibility where tasks become more involved/need expansion. Check for quality of output. Bring colleagues into the core team conversations (DST, Methodology) when their instinct is to remain in their comfort zone. Keep the team focussed on end-goals, milestones, and key deliverables. Report to a semi-mature PMO. Build relationships with the core team, system users, their managers, key stakeholders, and the project board. Always keep in mind this is a phased delivery, so keep looking forward to the next phases, what they will involve who you will need to help deliver them, and what their timescales are likely to be.
- Plan and lead the delivery of the project outcomes within time, cost, and quality constraints
- Day to day management and leadership of the project and the project team
- Develop the budget and track delivery within this
- Identify skill requirements; and deploy and develop resources
- Identify and manage stakeholder relationships and need for senior level support
- Identify and monitor project risks and issues. Develop mitigating actions and escalate as appropriate
- Provide reporting and progress updates on the delivery of the project
- Ensure effective Change Management processes are in place to agree and document changes to deliverables as agreed with stakeholders
- Provide support, guidance and coaching for the project team
- Cascade vision and translate into delivery objectives for the team. Develop and maintain Project Plan. Identify and set appropriate Project Controls.