- £500 - £550 per day + Outside IR35
- Job Type
- Zoe Latuszka
- 5 days ago
An experienced delivery manager is required to co-ordinate the activities of a high profile, time critical, software development project which has been developed by one of our external partners. They are likely to have a background in Delivery Management or Project Management in cloud related projects using agile working practises. They will also be used to working with suppliers in a professional and mutually beneficial way. Ideally, they will have working experience of managing projects, solutions and services that meet the government's digital service standards and technology code of practice.
Able to optimise the delivery flow of work. Able to actively address the most complicated risks, issues and dependencies including where ownership exists outside the team or no clear ownership exists. Able to identify innovative ways to unblock issues.
Able to identify problems or issues in the larger delivery team dynamic and rectify them. Able to pull out issues through Agile health-checks with the team and provoke the right responses. Able to engage in varying types of feedback choosing the right type at the appropriate time and ensuring the discussion and decision sticks. Able to accelerate the team development cycle.
Key to this post is the "in-housing" of the external development from our external partner into our operations teams, ensuring key requirements (including non-functionals), are met and that governance is joined up across the organisations effectively.
They will not have their own team per se but will head up a matrixed delivery with a mix of people from internal teams such as architects as well as the external development team, external project management team and our cloud supplier. This will require strong commercial skills as well as project management skills
- A delivery manager is accountable for the delivery of products and services into service.
- Build and maintain motivated matrixed teams, making sure there is an iterative plan to work towards.
- Make sure the team collaborates, communicates and focuses on what is most important.
- Apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques for their environment.
- Proactively manage dependencies, overcome obstacles and get the best value against constraints.
- Work effectively with our suppling partners to build confidence in the delivery and one where mutual benefit is recognised and governance is clear.
- To keep all internal and external stakeholders informed and engaged.
DM across teams
IT related Cloud Experience
Experience of AWS cloud services.