Deputy Director - Digital Transformation
** Active SC Clearance required to apply **
- Fully Remote working anywhere in the UK
- 3 months initially - likely to be extended to 6.
- C-Level post - must have experience at board level or similar
- Deadline: Wednesday 31st March at 2pm
- Central Government
Leadership Focus: As a senior leader within the organisation you will drive the transformation. You will be leading change to support the strategic drivers whilst meeting the objectives of the Data Collection Transformation Programme. You will be an important part of the leadership team and will also work closely with leaders in other core areas. Externally you will build positive and productive relationships to influence stakeholders, in particular social survey customers across the Government Statistical Service and beyond.
Delivery Focus: The postholder will be responsible for re-establishing the direction of the Social Survey Transformation at pace, such that it meets the needs of the organisation and the programme. They will be accountable for the delivery of the transformation to meet agreed programme milestones.
Key Relationships: As a member of the senior management team, building strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders will be a critical part of your role. You will need to build strong relationships internally to ensure that the delivery of the programme is consistent with the Office strategy.
Reporting Structure: You will report to the Director for Transformation and will form part of the Transformation leadership team.
Essential skills and experience criteria
This is a demanding and challenging role which will require your commitment, enthusiasm and skill to drive forward and lead this aspect of the Transformation Programme. You will need to demonstrate significant experience, along with a strong delivery record and the key skills required to succeed in this post.
* Strong transformational leadership and management skills, including the ability to provide strategic direction, develop and communicate a compelling vision and take people with you;
* Evidence of successfully leading significant and complex transformation including overcoming resistance to change with the ability to anticipate and resolve conflict as it arises;
* Proven track record in leading change programmes with the ability to maintain focus and objectivity under various conditions
* The ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with others at all levels to achieve a significant programme of delivery, including identifying synergies with other areas of the Programme;
* Strong communication and negotiation skills and the ability to influence others at senior levels with an ability to work closely and collaboratively with others including harnessing the best out of different disciplines and functions to ensure delivery;
* Evidence of successfully leading cultural and operational transformation including communicating change to others
* Evidence of strong engagement skills to motivate and empower staff across the business.
* Experience of Civil Service at SCS level
* Extensive analytical skills and experience (e.g. as a statistician, economist, researcher) with a strong track record in developing innovative statistics and analysis to support decision making, ideally within public policy
* Experience of leading the design, development and delivery of new research, analytical or statistical products consistent with best practice, ideally with an awareness of the Code of Practice
* Experience of user centric design
* Experience and understanding of transition management
please apply if you could be interested - a full job description will follow!