Solutions Delivery Deputy Head
£700 per day
Start Date: 21st Feb 2022
End Date: 30th Dec 2022
Remote role: UK based
To lead day to day delivery within the Solutions Delivery department, with a focus of ensuring that our delivery teams (internal and working in partnerships with others) are as effective as possible in supporting delivery of business goals in alignment with both the Corporate Plan and Technology Strategy.
1. As a key member of the Solutions Delivery management team, lead, manage and inspire staff and teams within the function to support delivery of corporate outcomes. You will support a culture of continuous leaning, development and improvement across the wider team through excellent leadership skills, teamwork and communication.
2. As Senior Supplier to a number of key Programmes and Projects, you will ensure the effective use of resources across the Solutions Delivery team through the use of appropriate metrics to ensure delivery of corporate objectives in line with the Technology Strategy, highlighting when corrective action is needed. This will include ensuring appropriate monitoring and awareness of the performance of key suppliers is in place, ensuring they continue to meet our requirements whilst providing value for money for the organisation. You will utilise your depth of expertise and domain knowledge to challenge, influence and advise the creation of business plans and policies by senior/programme management.
3. As line manager of a number of Team Leaders, ensure all aspects of team and staff management are in place, taking corrective action as necessary, mentoring staff to develop their capability, continually improving team motivation and productivity to ensure customer and colleague expectations are met
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
1. Demonstrable experience and track record in successfully managing a rolling programme of agile software development projects utilising a range of resource options including in-house, 3rd party and contractors.
2. Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, able to communicate, influence and negotiate in a clear manner with people at all levels inside and outside the organisation
3. Proven leadership skills with a successful record of creating and delivering tactical and strategic plans, motivating teams and bringing them together to deliver shared outcomes in a united manner
4. Strong experience and understanding of the key elements that underpin successful supplier relationship management and successful software development
5. Strong working knowledge and experience across the information technology spectrum with an understanding of the IT industry and how IT is used to underpin delivery of Met Office business outcomes
Deputy Head of Solutions Delivery
|Job Title:||Deputy Head of Solutions Delivery|
|Salary:||Up to £700 per day + INSIDE IR35|
|Start Date:||Feb 2022|
|Contact Name:||Zoe Latuszka|
|Job Published:||January 31, 2022 11:04|
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's