Software Engineer - Java/Oracle/Weblogic
***Active SC CLEARANCE REQUIRED TO APPLY***
- Fully remote working anywhere in the UK
- Inside IR35, daily rates apply, £525 to £575 per day range (can be flexible if needed).
- 6 month contract position
SC cleared Software Engineer with knowledge of Java / Oracle / Weblogic technologies.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support and further enhancement and development of in-house applications, utilising the Java and Oracle technical stack. In particular, this post will be working on Social Surveys live applications. This is primarily a BAU role, however, the candidate will also be involved in project development work to support the technical uplift of our current infrastructure. The candidate must have strong problem-solving skills.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
* Extensive knowledge and demonstrable experience of software development and support utilising the Java technology stack. Essential
* Extensive knowledge of object-oriented design patterns and Java industry standard approaches. Essential
* Demonstrable experience of application support and development utilising relational databases, ideally Oracle RDBMS.
* Demonstrable experience of development best practice in relation to code quality analysis, unit and automated testing and continuous integration
* Evidence of good communication skills, in person and in writing, and a willingness to share their skills and experience with the in-house support team.
* Evidence of an ability to participate effectively in a team environment and be able to work independently on their own initiative.
* Experience of software development and support utilising Agile techniques and principles.
* Experience with one or more of the following tools/technologies: Eclipse IDE, Oracle SQL Developer, Toad, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar, Spring, Struts, WebLogic, Git, Jira, Confluence.