- £400 - £475 per day + Outside IR35
- Job Type
- Tara Hibbott
Developer (Land Registration)
£475 per day (Outside IR35)
6 months initially
Remote working for the foreseeable
An experienced developer with solid commercial experience of building web applications with React/Next.js and REST APIs using Spring Boot in an OpenShift environment is required to accelerate the organisation's delivery of new and improved digital services to our customers.
Main outcomes & objectives
Development and support of the technical solutions that:
* Increase automation of the Intake of Sasine Advance Notices (ANs).
* Increase automation of the Intake of Sasine Application Forms (SAFs).
* Provide modern tooling that allows settlers to complete the Warrant Check stage without accessing CSR.
* Investigate, document, and propose an incremental roadmap for the replacement of a legacy monolithic application/database (CSR).
* Continued development and support of Land Registration products in line with the product and architecture roadmaps
* Demonstrate excellent, sustainable, and collaborative software development practice that is focused on delivering highly readable, maintainable and appropriate artefacts.
* Actively participating in all team events, leading where specialist knowledge in required, and supporting the team to improve their process through inspection and adaptation.
* Engage with the wider communities of practice and interest to share knowledge, technique and experience.
* Ensure high quality of developed solutions through development and maintenance of unit tests - with appropriate code coverage - and code analysis using code quality tools.
* Ensure that developed software complies with non-functional requirements, such as accessibility, security, UI/UX, performance, maintainability, deployability, etc...
* Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms, from the AWS-based modern stack to the multiple strands of ETL and database (legacy and otherwise) that underpins the service.
* Routinely use collaborative development practices such as pairing and mobbing techniques in programming, code reviews, system design and requirements analysis/refinement, etc.
* Coaching and mentoring other team members, as appropriate.
Essential skills & experience
Significant commercial experience with the following technology:
* AWS CDK and AWS based CI/CD pipelines
* Java 11/17
* Spring Boot microservices
* Spring security and OAuth2
* Modern DevOps and CI/CD practices including deployment pipelines, Jenkins, and Docker
Significant and demonstrable commercial experience in the following areas:
* Using UI pattern libraries to achieve consistent, tested, and high-quality interfaces
* Delivering high quality software collaboratively in high-performing, cross-functional development teams.
* Designing, gaining consensus, and implementing technical solutions for software development projects
* Developing within Digital First or GDS quality standards
* Developing solutions using human-centred, research-driven, inclusive design practices
* Designing and implementing solutions using service and event-based architectures
* Using Test Driven Development (TDD) and Pair Programming to produce high quality, maintainable code
* Using Consumer Driver Contract Testing to verify system behaviour
* Cloud monitoring, telemetry, intelligence tools and processes, specifically Grafana and Kibana
* Incrementally replacing enterprise legacy systems
* Working in Agile delivery models
* Defining infrastructure as code
* Designing and developing with relational and NoSQL databases, particularly Mongo and Postgres
Desirable skills & experience
- Knowledge of the Scottish Land Registration process
- AWS S3, API Gateway, Messaging and Queuing
- AWS IAM, Lambda, Aurora/Postgres
- Python 2.7/3.x