Team Lead -Software Development
up to £65 000 P/A
My client is a leading provider in their field globally and has a powerful presence within the data community. Their development teams deliver complex systems to some of the world's largest global organisations using leading edge cloud-based technologies.
Company operates a dynamic Agile development process with multi-functional teams consisting of Software Development Team leads, Product Owners, Developers and QA resources. Owning the role of Development team lead you will work collaboratively with other team leaders and the product team to design and deliver quality software.
Company offers relaxed working environment & flat organisational structure. We are searching for true leader, who will motivate and actively assist the development team in delivering quality products and features to support customer needs.
This is a hand - on role with an expected 50/50 split between team management and coding activities based on a team size of up to 6 resources)
On a technical front, they utilise the following in a Dev Ops environment. We would expect you to have advanced skills in relation to some of the following:
- Rest/Web APIs
- Service Orientated Architecture
- Microservice architecture beneficial
- Angular/HTML beneficial
- Azure / Cloud Services
- Dependency injection
- Entity Framework/Other ORM tools
- TDD Unit Testing
- Azure DevOps or similar
- Accountable for line management / coaching / mentoring / motivating team members
- Responsible for setting objectives across the team, undertaking and documenting 121s and performance reviews
- Involved in communicating effectively with the Product team to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
- Involved in creating and reviewing technical requirements produced from requirements / stories created by Product team
- Involved in questioning and clarifying requirements with the Product team as necessary as development progresses
- Accountable for team estimation accuracy and progress reporting to senior management
- Responsible for delivering sprint goals
- Responsible for the work of the team
- Responsible for tracking and improving team metrics / KPIs
- Responsible for oversight / ownership of complex tasks or development pieces
- Involved in writing unit tests where appropriate
- Involved in supporting use of automated acceptance tests where possible
- Accountable for ensuring code reviews are carried out within the team and unit tests are put in place for developed code
- Involved in assisting support teams in bug fixing of released functionality
Culture & Experience
- The desire to work in a faced paced environment
- Ability to manage team members and self-manage.
- Knowledge of software development life-cycles.
- Deep programming language knowledge.
- Full stack developer who understands concepts of software engineering.
- Working as part of an Agile team, preferably in a DevOps environment.
- Higher Education Qualification or equivalent (desirable)
- Degree or equivalent (desirable)
- Industry recognized software development qualification (desirable)