As a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology who has rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 45 million customers in 20 languages - my client is passionate about their brand, product, customers and employees, awant to meet highly motivated individuals who will share their vision and passion.
Their Management Information Systems department are looking for a Team Leader to join this exciting and vital part of the business. You will be leading a team of product analysts, developers, testers and automation engineers in the delivery of a range of applications which are internal to the business and assist in the day to day operation of many operational departments around the company.
Work is interesting, challenging and fast paced with regular context switching. You will be ensuring delivery of high quality software within set time frames, whilst being able to respond rapidly to business needs, as well as managing day to day running of the team.
On a day to day basis, you will be:
- Ensuring timely provision of agreed deliverables throughout the SDLC by understanding both business and technical requirements.
- Working with the team to determine suitable solutions to problems.
- Scheduling and planning development resource according to business needs.
- Clear and regular tracking and reporting of progress.
- Mitigating risk and resolving blockers throughout the work.
- Collaborating with other teams as required.
- Understanding and enforcing governance of best practises.
- Ensuring mitigation of risk by knowledge sharing.
- Recognising team members' strengths and mentoring to encourage and support continuous improvement.
- Chairing team meetings, one to one sessions and input into team appraisals.
- Assisting in administration responsibilities of the team as directed.
Your skills and experience :
- Passionate about software development and creating efficient processes and best practises.
- Self motivation with strong drive to succeed.
- Capacity to handle large workloads with rapid context switching,
- Ability to remain calm in a pressured environment and pressured situations
- Work stack planning, prioritisation and resource management.
- Previous experience of working with high availability, multi user, n-tier, distributed applications.
- Knowledge of software development best practices, good architecture, and the full SDLC.
- Well organised and skilled in effective time management, conflict resolution, and task allocation.
- Excellent communicator both written and verbally in technical and non-technical subjects.