In a nutshell
We're looking for an innovative and passionate Development Manager to lead our team application development team and help us continue to provide an excellent service internally teams, with our clients and apprentices.
My clients team work agilely developing and supporting web-based applications for our Group web, micro and partner sites which are integrated with Dynamics 365 and also SaaS based third party solutions.
You'll be comfortable leading the team both technically and professionally, championing agile ways of working and providing thought-leadership to stakeholders across the organisation.
Most likely from a development background you'll have a broad knowledge of the technologies underpinning their applications, combined with strong experience in leading technical delivery teams and great inter-personal skills to engage with colleagues from outside IT
What will you be doing?
- Managing the development team responsible for Lifetime's web applications and interfaces to third party systems and ensure that application development is undertaken in a controlled, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Own relationships with third parties that interface into many of our business applications:
What will you bring to the role?
- Successfully managing a portfolio of systems, consistently assessing and evaluating risk and promoting compliance with relevant standards.
- Leading technical delivery teams and the ability to influence and persuade, keeping both own and direct reports' skills up-to-date.
- Strong inter-personal skills to work with both technical and non-technical teams with the ability to breakdown complex technical to be easily understandable.
- Strong Project Management and Scrum Mastering of Software delivery in an Agile environment working with in-house/on-shore teams, and third parties / agencies.
- Project Management / Software delivery in a cloud environment with recent experience of Infrastructure, Platform and Software as a service models.
- A skilled practitioner of Agile software delivery methods.
- Experience of delivery in a DevOps / Cloud technical environment
- Knowledge of software delivery techniques and tools such as Continuous Integration, Configuration Management, Release Management etc.
- Delivery of bespoke build and 3rd party software solutions.
- Negotiating, managing in partnership and directly managing third parties.
- Communicating complex technical information effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels.
- Prior experience of software design and development highly desirable.
- Business stakeholder management
With a strong development background, experience of the following technologies:
- Umbraco CMS
- Dynamics 365
- C# .NET
- Angular 2.x+ or transferable experience
- REST/API Development
- Agile Development/Scrum
- SQL Server
- .NET MVC
- Power Automate
- Microservices/SOA Architecture
- Continuous Integration/Delivery
- Entity Framework
- Identity Server/OAuth/Claim Based Authentication