DevOps Engineer - Outside IR35 - Fully Remote
Integrated Data Programme
Skills required: Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Jenkins automation server
Duration: 3 Months
Deadline: 15/1/2021 at noon
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to migrate the hosting of our Jenkins automation server(s) to Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
Working with a leads of a cross functional team the successful candidate will provide guidance on improving our existing automation process(es) and will work closely with our software engineering team to provide a stable, reliable and performant solution.
Our current service requires maintenance of our dockerized environments to ensure sufficient capacity for traffic spikes and monitoring system health and performance across the entire technology stack in a private cloud environment.
Technologies and Experience Desirables:
- Experience of building, maintaining and optimising multi-tier software packaging and code deployment systems.
- Experience with developing automation scripts for provisioning and auto-scaling of infrastructure.
- A strong understanding of networking fundamentals including DNS, load balancing, proxies and firewalls.
- Expertise in Kubernetes, both as a client as well as owner of the platform.
- Ability to ensure satisfactory overall uptime and availability of key production systems and supporting infrastructures.
- Experience with monitoring system performance to identify precursors to issues efficiently.
- Strong background working within a public cloud infrastructure.
- Experience working on highly available, fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Ability to implement systems security best practices and ensure accurate logging and alerting.
- Experience of working and collaborate with software engineering teams to regarding the deployment of software changes.
- Familiarity and relevant experience with / or similar technologies and disciplines such as: Jenkins / Docker / Kubernetes / Helm / (Google) Cloud dev-op / Tech support / Networking / PKI/Certificates / Linux / GCP / GKE / DNS / HTTP / Firewalls / Groovy / GitHub / Infrastructure as Code/infrastructure automation tools (Terraform, Bash, Chef, Ansible or Capistrano).