- £450 - £500 per day + Outside IR35
- Job Type
- Zoe Latuszka
- 27 days ago
£500 per day. Outside IR35
Homeworking for foreseeable
When the risk of COVID infection is eliminated or much reduced, we envision many of the team activities to take place at our offices in Edinburgh, for at least part of each week.
An experienced DevOps engineer is required to help support product development teams to use our Openshift environments on AWS, and to provide support to our product development teams during migration and service delivery
- Identify and deliver improvements that support our scalable and resilient Openshift 3.11 platform on AWS, suitable to house RoS' containerised development and production workloads.
- Design, build and support code-driven solutions for path to production, workload telemetry (ElasticSearch, InfluxDB and Grafana) and the runtime environment.
- Support development of a hybrid application model where components are spread across AWS native tools and OCP containers to maximise benefits of both
- Support, maintain and evolve the current delivery platform including Artifactory., GitLab, ElasticSearch, Jetbrains, and RoS Base Images.
- Design, build and support an automated method for building machines to develop on (hardware and VDI).
- Maintain vRA current RoS installation.
- Building and maintaining an agile culture of continuous delivery and improvement, through a mechanism of frequently releasing high quality, tested, working software.
- Creating and maintaining an appropriate level of documentation, including technical options assessments that can be effectively used to communicate to the team and wider stakeholders the technical vision of the product.
- Championing ideas/changes/designs that you and/or the team believe are beneficial, influencing peers and key stakeholders as appropriate.
- Assisting the Product Manager/Owners and Technical Architect to order the backlog by providing insight into the architectural roadmap and the technical benefits that changes will achieve.
Some of these services may need to be provided outside of RoS' core business hours (07:30-17:30) in order to ensure continuity of service. The successful supplier is expected to plan and manage their working hours accordingly.
- vRealize suite
- TroposphereLinux, including RHEL, Ubuntu and AWSLinux
o Cloud Formation
o API Gateway
o Transit Gateway
o Route 53
Significant and demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- CI/CD methodology and tooling for Openshift and AWS.
- Experience of configuring Prisma to integrate with Openshift and pipelines,
- Reacting to Security alerts via Prisma Cloud
- Applying Infrastructure as Code principles.
- Maintaining a vRA installation.
- Designing and building platforms in AWS.
- Introducing new efficient processes or concepts within the DevOps environment.
- Working with business stakeholders, to understand the context, and to focus on delivering value
- Excellent collaboration, communication and teamwork skills
- Working in the Agile delivery models - such as Scrum and/or Kanban frameworks
- Exposure to enterprise scale software builds and integration.