Initial 6 Months. Up to 23 months in total.
£600-650 per day. Outside IR35
Work remotely for now, when office opens, work will be at office in Glasgow and specialist may have to attend this office address as required. It is likely a large proportion of the week will be remote working.
The existing team is comprised of contract and Civil Service resources. The specialist will be expected to be embedded into the Digital team as well as working with the other members of the business
- Implement high-level technical requirements in a reliable, scalable and performant way
- Provide coaching and mentoring to more junior colleagues
- Ensure due technical consideration is given to make processes repeatable, scalable and secure
- Have deep technical knowledge and experience in DevOps environments, providing support to delivery teams and solving complex problems
- Attend all associated Agile ceremonies and make use of collaborative tooling (Slack, Confluence, Jira
- Be proactive on identifying improvements.
- Be transparent and collaborative when making decisions
- Be able to work with clients with low technical expertise
- Expert level Kubernetes infrastructure build and operate experience and able to demonstrate examples of this
- Demonstrable experience building secure solutions on Kubernetes at scale using AWS EKS.
- Experience with Istio service mesh - able to give an example of involvement in this
- Experience building secure solutions using Hashicorp tooling: Terraform and Vault and can supply evidence of this.
- Containerise services using best practices and clearly able to demonstrate ability to do this.
- 5+ years in a practical DevOps role