AWS Devops Engineer
6 Months. Likely Extension.
£525 per day. Outside IR35.
Remote. UK Based.
Experienced Platform/DevOps engineers are required to provide hands-on technical skills to an agile platform development team within Registers of Scotland's Development Enablement domain, and to support our Product Teams in their delivery
Registers of Scotland is running enduring products based on a mixture of cloud and traditional technology. Development Enablement was established to design, build and support high quality and resilient platforms to allow our product teams to deliver value. The team is multifunctional with a strong collaborative and agile culture. Development Enablement are building out the RoS presence in the public cloud (AWS) working with the product teams and other enablement teams to ensure the platforms are usable, resilient and secure.
- Work alongside Product Teams to ensure the good practices developing, testing, deploying and supporting products on AWS.
- Design, build and support services for software delivery in RoS with a focus on the RoS AWS Platform with a emphasis on Serverless
- Develop and build construct libraries that can be used with AWS CDK as a shared resource.
- Migrate our AWS Central logging solution from ElasticSearch to OpenSearch.
- Design build and support Automation for DNS Zone creation and deletion within AWS Accounts.
- Design build and support Automation for removing and restoring objects from the RoS Replicated Store.
- Ensure platform meets all the governance requirements set by RoS
- Building and maintaining an agile culture of continuous delivery and improvement, with a focus on frequently delivering working software.
- Creating and maintaining an appropriate level of documentation, including technical options assessments that can be effectively used to communicate to the team and wider stakeholders the technical vision of the product.
- Championing ideas/changes/designs that you and/or the team believe are beneficial, influencing peers and key stakeholders as appropriate.
- Assisting the Product Manager/Owners and Technical Architect to prioritise the backlog by providing insight into the architectural roadmap and the technical benefits that changes will achieve
- Designing and building platforms in AWS.
- AWS Serverless technologies.
- AWS Lambda, CDK, Cloud Formation, API Gateway
- AWS Organisations.
- CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, Codepipeline, CodeArtifact
- GuardDuty, Transit Gateway, AWS Config, Route53, S3, EC2, AMIs
- Python, Typescript
- Infrastructure as Code.
- Applying automated testing to AWS environments and build processes.
- AWS Shield Advanced, WAFv2, AWS Firewall Manager
- Containerised platforms
- Experience with AWS Security and Networks.
- Working in the Agile delivery models - such as Scrum and/or Kanban frameworks
- Working with the business, to understand the context, and to focus on delivering value
- AWSLinux, RHel, Ubuntu,
- Openshift, Kubernetes, ECS, Fargate.
- Gitlab, Artifactory, ElasticSearch, OpenSearch, Jenkins, Kibana, Grafana
- Experience using Prisma Cloud
- Enterprise scale software builds and integration.
- Tools to support rapid development, iteration and delivery
- Deploying applications to cloud using PaaS and SaaS
- Adding value at all stages of the software lifecycle
- Introducing new efficient processes or concepts within the AWS environment.