*** You must have a current or Active SC Clearance to apply for this post ***
- DevOps Engineer, ideally be from software development background
- MUST have SC Clearance currently - no candidates will be considered who do not have this
- Fully remote working anywhere in the UK
- 6 month contract position - Inside IR35
- Central Government
- Deadline: Noon 24th May 2020
Description of Requirement:
Working as part of our development team, you'll use agile methods and enjoy working openly and collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary delivery team. Working alongside user researchers, UX designers, product owners, architects and analysts you will be building and supporting a range of products and platforms.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be involved in the full software development lifecycle, involved in the design, running, testing and continuous improvement of software to meet user needs. You will be responsible for writing clean, secure code following a test-driven approach, and working to open-by default principles to create code that is easy to re-use.
Our software teams work on a range of projects, from improving and advancing existing products through to new systems and tools that will transform how our organisation works.
This Engineer will work in the team that will support the Clerical Matching System (CMS): The Clerical Matching System (CMS) is a system that match records from two datasets and assure that the quality of the matches meet strict targets as part of the Census programme. The project is scheduled to shortly transition to a live service, with the DevOps team undertaking support and enhancement functions.
Working within the CMS DevOps team you'll deliver using a range of technologies including GitLab for the Source Code or Artifactory for code dependencies.
Testing is vital to us, from Unit, to Functional and Acceptance, and also System Integration Tests (SIT), so it is highly likely that you will be working with Selenium, Cucumber
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
As a software engineer you will be responsible for:
* Designing software products to serve a variety of user needs and enhancing existing software products to meet evolving user needs.
* Ensuring a quality software product is delivered and maintained.
* Have in-depth knowledge of application development and infrastructure.
* Being a practitioner in the use of technologies and tools, evaluating and adopting those appropriate for the environment.
* Supporting an environment where continuous or "on demand" delivery can be enabled if needed by the business, using effective delivery and deployment techniques.
* Maintaining and supporting services, identifying, locating and competently fixing faults, and taking proactive actions to avoid service disruption.
* Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques; identifying and sharing good practices and collaborating to improve the capability of the team.
Please apply if this interests you!