- Bath, Somerset
- £55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
- Job Type
- Monique Vorster
As the DevOps Lead you will head up an expanding DevOps function, as our client develop their capability within the company. The successful candidate will be part of an Agile Release Train team building and deploying microservices to enhance their existing award-winning platform. The role is a mixture of technical and managerial and I am looking for a creative thinker with innovative solutions and ideas.
Our client is award-winning financial technology company based in the heart of Bath. They are entering a period of sustained enhancements to the platform and the surrounding services that they provide, and as a result, they need to increase their development capacity and expand capabilities.
- Experience designing and embedding DevOps processes into a Company, both technically and
- Experienced in Infrastructure as Code using Terraform.
- Experience of using container and orchestration services, using Kubernetes and helm charts.
- Experienced in migrations from classic data centres to Cloud (Microsoft Azure).
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure and its relevant build, deployment, networking and security technologies
- in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Experienced in deploying Highly Available applications in the Cloud (Microsoft Azure).
- Experience designing and supporting complex multi-tier, services based, production systems at scale.
- A good understanding of applications and infrastructure monitoring, logging and ability to build autoscaling infrastructure, ideally in DataDog.
- The ability to build and maintain CI/CD pipelines and underlying infrastructure for successful operation and utilisation.
- A good understanding of GIT source control.
- Experience of test-driven development and implementing automated test solutions and pipelines.
- Experience of managing and deploying databases, such as MS SQL, MongoDb, and Postgres.
- Experience of managing, motivating, coaching, and developing a team.
- Experience using Azure DevOps, or similar ALM tool.
- Experience of Windows Servers and Linux administration.
- Degree or equivalent qualification - preferably maths, science, computer science or similar.
- Proven experience working within an agile environment, ideally SAFe.
- Experienced in the design and delivery of enterprise-level Highly Available solutions.
- Microsoft Azure Platform as a Service products:
- Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS)
- Image management software such as Artifactory/ProGet
- App Services
- Security Services (Key Vaults/AAD)
- Blob storage
- Confluent Kafka
This role comes with an excellent benefits package.
If you are interested please apply with a copy of your CV and I will be in touch to discuss the opportunity further. This role will be remote until March with 3 days in the office and 2 days remote thereafter.