Talent are recruiting for an experienced DevOps Manager to join an ever-growing business and manage the DevOps team.
The DevOps Manager will be responsible for leading senior members of the DevOps team, responsible for building and managing software infrastructure.
This role offers a hybrid working environment and while on-site you will be ideally based in Dagenham or Leicester, although other locations could be considered. The hybrid model is 3 days in the office/2 days remote.
Ideal candidate skills:
- Experience leading a DevOps team
- Experience of variances in infrastructure/data centre layout - Private/Hybrid/Public Cloud
- Highly experienced in Wintel(Windows?)/Linux/Unix and alternative distributions
- Solid understanding/grounding in network principles - Addressing (IPv4 minimum, ideally IPv4 & v6), Subnet, LAN/WAN, Firewalls, Ports/Forwarding, NAT
- Good understanding of at least one project management methodology/project framework (Agile, Scrum, Prince2, Lean, Waterfall, ITIL)
- Understanding and appreciation of differing architecture frameworks and their individual strengths/weaknesses (MVC, TOGAF, SOA, Microservices)
- Proficient in scripting, in at least two of the following languages (PowerShell, bash, bat, Python, PHP, Perl)
- Proficient in programming, in at least two of the following frameworks (.NET/.NET Core/ASP.NET, Angular, Node, Express, Django, Ruby on Rails)
- Experience of curating/implementing CI/CD (GitLab, Jenkins, Azure Pipeline, CodePipeline)
- Good grounding in database technologies (Oracle, SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Postgre, MongoDB)
- Configuration/IaC Management (Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, CloudFormation, ARM, SCCM)
- Source/Version control (Git/GitHub, Azure Repo's, CodeCommit)
- Orchestration (Puppet, Kubernetes, EKS, AKS)
- Containerisation (Docker, Vagrant)
- Solid understanding/grounding in cloud platforms/technology, in at least one platform (Azure, OCI, AWS, GCP, AliBaba, IBM, OpenShift).
- Solid understanding/grounding in cloud concepts/terminology (PaaS, IaaS, SaaS, FaaS)
If you like the sound of this opportunity and you believe you're the right fit, send me your updated CV at and I would be happy to set up a call to discuss further!
Please be advised that you must have the right to work in the UK and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!