Cloud / DevOps Architect (GCP)
- Security Clearance required: SC (Candidate must already hold SC)
- Remote working
- 6 month Contract position (self-employed contract position)
- Inside IR35 - rates are competitive, likely 650/750 per day range
- Deadline: Tuesday 20th July 2021 at noon
Working as part of a Dev/Ops model, closely aligned with architectural, security and development resources you will be providing advice, support and guidance to projects seeking to make best use of cloud based environments primarily based in GCP.
Understanding the implications of architectural decisions on security, billing and complexity is key to the role.
A broader understanding of the challenges of migrating from on-premise solutions to the cloud is required.
All the work will be collaborative, so an awareness of the importance of team dynamics, collaboration and the empowering delivery teams is essential. You should understand the importance of feedback.
Current active SC is essential
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
* Developing IT solutions, taking into consideration user needs, re-use, data management, resilience, performance, scalability and security in a service orientated approach
* acting as the technical authority in prospective, leading information gathering and scene setting meetings with other departments, evaluating technical proposals from external suppliers, and making implementation recommendations to senior stakeholders
* leading the design and development of solutions, considering user needs, re-use, data management, resilience, performance, scalability and security in a micro service based approach to service orientated architecture
* all fundamental elements of hosting and consuming cloud technologies, including: design, planning, security and compliance, integration, provisioning, cloud storage, virtualisation
* identifying and minimising risks in IT architectures and data management through the application of standards and policies
- Experience architecting/engineering for cloud