- Digital Business Analyst - GSG experience
- Working on a goverment programme
- Contract until 31st March 2022 with the likelihood of extension
- Location: Remote this may change in March 2022 to hybrid (Exeter Office Base)
- Rate: (£500 Inside IR35)
- Occasional travel throughout the UK, as required by the job.
- Occasional overnight stays throughout the UK, as required by the job.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of identifying and managing areas where there are shared and conflicting agendas.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to choose content and style to suit the audience, including large groups.
- Able to work within a team under guidance from senior colleagues, able to work on own initiative as well as a member of a team, able to work across teams.
- Able to communicate effectively with both external and internal customers and colleagues to understand the work required and present or explain work completed.
- Able to manage a small team and prioritise own and staff's work in line with organisational priorities.
- Experience of leading on a range of projects, including the allocation of work to other staff, to deliver quality outcomes to deadline and identifying risks.
- Able to learn rapidly to use new statistical packages to a high standard
- Able to influence the design of initiatives to ensure that robust data collection is facilitated.
- Able to choose the appropriate analytical approaches for whole work streams.
- Builds strong relationships with customers and develops own reputation, as well as that of the team or Department.
- Builds the capability of others by sharing good practice with own business area and with other analytical colleagues.
- Able to communicate complex and technical concepts and issues to non-technical colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
- Experience of devising solutions to ensure internal specialist expertise adds demonstrable value to the wider system.
- Experience with using record level data.
- Design and commission new work, such as a new survey
- Experience and aptitude in using a
- Statistical package, e.g. SAS, SPSS or R
The post holder will have deep specialist knowledge or the ability to build deep specialist knowledge in at least one of the following areas:
- Statistical modelling and techniques including coding on software packages
- Business intelligence and visual analytics to develop and standardise sophisticated interactive presentations
- Data science using cutting edge technologies combined with data expertise to solve real-world problems
- Data linkage and analysis of new types of data including using analysis and subject matter knowledge to inform content requirements.
- Experience of working in the public sector.
- Able to exhibit knowledge of relevant legislation when working with public data.
- Knowledge of the techniques used for planning and executing testing throughout the software lifecycle
- Knowledge of using two or more of these statistical techniques: analysis of variance, multiple regression, other multivariate techniques, stochastic processes, time series analysis, generalised linear model, hypothesis testing or index numbers.