- Content Designer - Government / Public Sector
- 6 Months
- £450 - £495 - Inside IR35
- Remote Working
We are looking for an experienced content Designer who will work on a single piece of content or on the end-to-end journey of a service to help users complete their goal. May involve the creation of, or change to, a transaction, product or single piece of content that stretches across digital and offline channels. An expectation that appropriate content is shown to a user in the right place and in the best format; starting from discovery and working closely with user researchers, service designers and interaction designers. Be responsible for creating, evaluating, updating and reviewing content at all stages of the end-to-end user journey. Need to be comfortable using evidence, data and research to make content decisions; build relationships to focus on the needs of the user and to influence stakeholders; contribute to and use the style guides and content patterns.
As a Content Designer you will be responsible for:
- Working on user correspondence to ensure it's clear and accurate
- Working with agile teams on the continuous improvement of digital services
- Working with the other senior content designer to ensure content meets GDS standards
- Liaising with teams across OPG to ensure guidance content on GOV.UK is accurate
Excellent content design skills and experience Knowledge of GDS/GOV style guide Experience of working on digital services and familiarity with design pattern libraries
- Prior experience working on content across channels
- Able to work with stakeholders
You must be able to demonstrate experience in the following technologies and techniques:
- Understand different prototyping techniques and be able to use them to visualise content in context.
- Identify important stakeholders and communicate with them clearly and regularly.
- Contribute to content strategies and policies, and can create content patterns or standards.
- Can identify tasks that will provide insights into a problem, formulate hypotheses, gain insights from data and user research and make decisions on findings.
- Design content to meet user needs and make complex language and processes easy to understand, presenting the right information in the right format for what users need.
- Have robust experience of writing, editing and publishing digital content.
- Understand accessibility requirements and can design content that works with common assistive technologies.
- Knowledge of GDS/GOV style guide
If you are a Content Designer and this role sounds of interest, please don't hesitate to send in your CV.