Digital Delivery Manager
6 months (possible extension)
IR35 status yet to be determined. Likely to be outside IR35
We are looking for an experienced delivery manager to lead an agile team in the delivery of an end-to-end digital licensing service.
This project will transform the way we deliver our statutory licensing function and has been underway for a year. In that time, two new public-facing services have been developed and launched. However, given the volume of work outstanding, we acknowledge that the pace of delivery needs to increase significantly in order to better-serve customers and realise the efficiencies that digital transformation will bring for the organisation.
As it stands, the project team is comprised of product owner, software developers, business analyst/user researchers and subject matter experts. However, this is our first experience of agile delivery and all parties acknowledge that roles, responsibilities and ways of working within the team are unclear. In short, we need an agile expert experienced in government/public-sector digital delivery to enable the team to reach its full-potential.
To this end, we are looking for a delivery manager to:
- Evaluate progress so far and quickly identify where changes should be made to the way the team is structured and functions.
- Work with the product owner to develop the product vision, roadmap and release plan for the remainder of the project.
- Coach and mentor the team in applying the most appropriate agile techniques to deliver value as efficiently as possible.
- Organise and facilitate the appropriate agile ceremonies and ensure the appropriate agile artifacts are in place and provide value to the process.
- Encourage and facilitate continuous improvement of the team.
- Focus the team on what is most important to the delivery of products for the licensing service.
- Help the team deliver a service that meets user-needs and delivers benefit to the organisation.
- Work with stakeholders to improve processes and behaviours that surround the product team, so that delivery is as efficient and impactful as possible.
- Identify obstacles and help the team to overcome them.
- Lead the team through the Digital Scotland Service Standard assessment process.
- Through all of the above, increase the pace of delivery on the project.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of digital delivery in a government/public-sector context.
- Knowledge of government service design and the different phases of product delivery.
- Experience of the gov.uk or gov.scot digital service standards and service assessment processes.
- Proven ability in delivering digital products using the appropriate agile methodology.
- Experience in facilitating a multi-disciplinary team and leading agile ceremonies including daily stand-ups, planning meetings, reviews and retrospectives.
- Experience working with the product owner to create the product vision, roadmap and backlog.
- Stakeholder management expertise and the ability to coach within and outside of the team.