Remote - Exeter
Proven development experience in Python/ Django Framework
Experience in cloud technologies such as AWS
Working within multi-disciplinary teams
Commercial experience within an Agile environment
This role will be working within the Digital Delivery Centre within the emergency services sector.
You will be working with one of our teams in the area of Urgent & Emergency care, working primarily on the front end of the system in order to develop new user-facing features.
- Participate in agile sprint ceremonies
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Strike a balance between functional and aesthetic design
- Review other developers code and attend code reviews of own code
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Mentor other team members in order to develop their skills and knowledge in Python
and back-end development.
* Strong in Python and Django Framework
* Experience with AWS and its managed services e.g.
* PostgreSQL RDS, Elasticsearch, ElastiCache
* Familiar with design by contract approach for APIs
* Proven record of using Test-Driven Development (TDD)
* Experience of working in a multidisciplinary team
* Post-graduate degree/diploma or equivalent experience
* Strong in Java (Spring Boot), Scala and/or Go would be very welcomed
* Proficient in Kubernetes and Terraform
* Experience with continuous delivery, continuous deployment and automation
* Knowledge and understanding of the Domain-Driven Design (DDD)