Senior DevOps Engineer - Sheffield - INSIDE IR35
This organisation is going through a large-scale Digital Transformation Programme - and are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer. You will be working on digital programme, which will be building and supporting new and current services that are API Driven.
- Experience using a modern standard approach throughout automation and testing with basic knowledge of at least one programming language [e.g. Ruby, Python, Java];
Developing automation and templates for Azure and AWS
Knowledge of integrated cloud architectures and solutions.
Understanding of common web application architectures.
Understanding of techniques for management of encryption keys and certificates
Experience debugging a complex multi-server service
Comfortable with configuration management tools
- Familiarity with network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP and SSL.
Deploying and configuring machines in a cloud environment.
Understanding of application deployment strategies and continuous integration
Knowledge of the use of version control systems such as git.
Experience configuring and managing Linux servers for serving a dynamic website
- Previous experience with Bash scripting, Java, Node.JS, Ruby or Python.
Experience working in an agile environment with across multiple projects
Knowledge of the principles underlying public/private key encryption scheme
Installation and management of open source monitoring tool
- Experience with open source solutions and community
Experience using automated tests to continuously validate your work
- Experience of working collaboratively across multidisciplinary teams.
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply.