Digital Technical Architect
12 Months (possible extension)
Remote working - UK based
Support the operationalisation of the digital strategy, advising on platform selection, digital procurement specifications, product designs, API strategy, data structures and relationships, GDPIAs, Cyber resilience, infrastructure design onsite/ cloud solutions. Advise on SaaS and open-source solutions as required to support our digital strategy and digital transformation projects.
You will work with non-technical teams &external delivery partners to agree technical architectures that maximise potential of our systems whilst minimising ongoing support costs and functional duplication. Provide written guidance to support decision making &make sure we continue comply with DPA legislation, Cyber Security Plus standard &ISO27001 accreditation
- Supporting digital system requirements & architecture to meet needs of Digital strategy.
- Working with colleagues to lead & advise on digital procurement from developing digital procurement specifications to platform selection, implementation & product design.
- Developing &implementing digital API strategy, data structures &relationships.
- Ensuring technical architecture supports &complies with Data Protection, Cyber security&ISO27001.
- Designing &working with colleagues to realign our infrastructure design onsite/cloud solutions to meet the needs of our business &digital strategy.
- Ensuring effective &timely technical support for strategic decisions on standards, systems functionality & integrations in support of a range of key systems design &development projects in data, web, desktop, voice &CRM development &integration (Advising on SaaS & open-source solutions as required to support digital strategy &digital transformation projects)
Essential Skills and Experience
- Adaptable to a range of business change, management and technical priorities and strategic project support requirements
- Prior evidence of user centred design and holistic approaches being developed
- Experience and knowledge of systems development, installation and integration: innovate, build on solution designs
- Good level of market knowledge of relevant Open Source, API and proprietary technologies
- Experience of aligning business programme delivery planning with the requirements and constraints of our technical strategy
- Able to identify strategies that to manage the risks of delivering
- Understands technical governance able to assist in the design, leadership and embedding of assurance in our digital projects to ensure achievement of our desired service outcomes.
- Good working knowledge of Welsh public sector digital policy environment and key actors for collaboration
- Able to translate non-technical user requirements into technical solutions
- Demonstrable experience translating big picture strategic thinking into delivery
- Systems integration into CRM systems
- Able to challenge deep seated ideas tactfully and win hearts and minds for positive change
- Able to effectively communicate to non-technical audiences
- Experience of establishing agreement with senior stakeholders providing direction and challenge
- Empathy to understand what service pressures stakeholders are dealing with
- Good mentoring skills to support knowledge transfer and understanding
- Professional-level fluency in Welsh language
- Demonstrable experience of working in highly regulated sectors