- Digital UX Designer - Public Sector / Central Government
- Remote initially (due to current climate).
- 6 Month Contract (Initially but could be extended)
- £550 - £745 *inside IR35*
I am currently looking to recruit a Digital UX Designer to join a Central government programme. Looking to hire someone to take ownership of the development of design concepts, interpreting proven research and incorporating into design work.
As a UX Designer you will be responsible for:
- Design outstanding user focused services, delivering designs that meet web standards, ensuring that key elements are built in from the outset.
- Create user journeys, personas and site maps.
- Contribute to the development and continual enhancement of products and facilitate a consistent and excellent user experience.
- Communicate credibly with a wide range of digital delivery disciplines both internally and externally.
The role will suit an UX Designer who has experience in:
- Expert understanding of user interaction and interface design. Basically, you need to be astute in understanding out your target user base will behave online.
- Background in designing elegant and responsive user interfaces.
- Understanding of web development tools, such as CSS and HTML.
- Commercial history of creating low and high-fidelity prototypes, to test and communicate ideas.
- History of working within an AGILE environment.
- Ability to highlight opportunities and establish benchmarks that identify potential areas of design improvement.
- Identify and design cross-government patterns and standards.
** Exposure working within the public sector and understanding of 'gov.uk' is essential **
If this is something you feel suited to and would like to apply, please send in your CV. Because of the expected volume of applications, we will endeavour to come back to you asap.