Digital Workplace Support Specialist (Employee Enablement)
£300 per day outside IR35
Homeworking for foreseeable.
When the risk of COVID infection is much reduced or eliminated, we envision many of the team activities to take place at our offices in Edinburgh, for at least part of each week
An experienced digital workplace support specialist with strong knowledge of Microsoft products, workstation technologies and collaboration tools, is required maintain and improve the service health of Registers of Scotland's Desktop Experience and Collaboration services.
We have made significant strides re-organising its IT software delivery capability to align to key business domains. The organisations ambition is to have enduring IT teams aligned to these business domains ensuring that ownership of software products are clear. We are on a journey to move from on-premises services to enduring products delivered from the cloud. The Employee Enablement domain is one of four platform domains established to enable to develop and support high quality and resilient digital products. The mission of the domain is to build an environment to enable, empower and support our staff in providing better value to the public - allowing them to focus on their goals, not the technology used to do it. The domain owns and supports the key productivity platforms including (but not limited to): Microsoft (Office) 365 including enterprise voice, Slack, Miro, Windows Desktop and Server, Citrix VDI, Exchange, SCCM, mobiles, internet access, File and folder access, and printing and scanning. These productivity platforms are split in to two service areas of Desktop Experience, and Collaboration. Employee Enablement are looking into ways in which they support the services they own with an aim of improving the support given to the staff that consume those services
Maintain and improve the service health of Desktop Experience and Collaboration services, including:
- Supporting engineering effort in BAU demand resolution (incident/requests).
- Improve the ticket flow
- Increase the product knowledge of Service Desk staff
- Develop and support data and entry paths in ServiceNow
- Create troubleshooting paths
- Develop knowledge articles for the consumption of RoS staff and digital resolvers
- Develop and improve request forms and request processes
- Work collaboratively with the service owner, the Employee Enablement team and the staff of RoS to help improve the health of the services we offer.
- Help identify any risks to the services
- Maintain any data needed to support the service.
- Ensure all solutions meet required government standards for security, e.g. NCSC
- Ensure the Employee Enablement domain are fully self-sufficient in the management of all delivered solutions
- Monitor, manage and where necessary improve the performance of the platform to meet the expectations of the end-users
- Manage service health and integrity to an acceptable level
- Create and maintain appropriate service documentation
- Troubleshoot and resolve service-related issues
- Collaborate with team members to ensure a consistent quality and seamless service experience whether customers are using a traditional desktop/laptop or are using a VDI/thin client, and whether they are on LAN or remote via VDI or mobile device
- Help define and refine best practices, standards, and support principles.
- Actively participate in all team events, including Employee Enablement and Service Desk stand-ups.
Some of these services may need to be provided outside of RoS' core business hours (07:30-17:30) in order to ensure continuity of service. The successful supplier is expected plan and manage their working hours accordingly.
Essential Skills and Experience
Significant and demonstrable experience of:
o Workstation technologies
o File services
o Internet proxy solutions, including Sophos
o Collaboration tools, including Miro and Slack
o ITIL processes
* Ability to document knowledge and troubleshooting processes.
* Being able to give form of 'Show and Tell' sessions.
* Experience of working with departments supporting the health of services and an understanding of health metrics.
* Experience of working in a similarly sized (~1300 users) environment with Enterprise/Government grade controls and expectations
* Ability to present knowledge and troubleshooting to all levels of teams.
* Experience of working within a mature agile team where trust, communication, collaboration, forward thinking, workload visualisation and constructive challenge are key attributes
- Knowledge and experience of VFQ/Agile techniques including Kanban
- Experience of the working with a Service Desk environment
- Experience of maintaining and reviewing knowledge.