£550 per day. Outside IR35.
Remote for foreseeable/duration.
When the risk of COVID infection is eliminated or much reduced, we envision that many of the team and community activities will take place at our Edinburgh or Glasgow offices, for at least part of each week
An experienced Domain/Solution Architect is required to shape how technology is deployed to meet the key objectives of the organisation within the Supporting domain.
We have made significant strides re-organising its IT software delivery capability to align to the key domains within the business. The organisations ambition is to have enduring development teams aligned to the business domains ensuring that ownership of software products is clear.
The Supporting domain is one of six product domains established to enable us to develop and support high-quality and resilient digital products. The Supporting domain owns and develops some of RoS' core supporting products, such as document management and archiving, and our finance systems.
Currently there are two multi-functional development teams within the Supporting domain, working to create fit-for-purpose solutions for document management and archiving, and corporate finance in the cloud. the core Land Registration Systems and implement a new Case Management system for the Land Registration processes
By October 2021, identify, agree, and lead the implementation of technical solutions for:
- Replacement and retirement of legacy RAC system
- Replacement and retirement of legacy LR Archive system
- New Invoicing Service to support multiple registers
- New Pre-Payment Service
- Liaising with colleagues from Product Management, Service Design and the wider business to identify technology solutions and to prioritise and shape the domain roadmap.
- Technical leadership to multiple software development teams ensuring that the technical solutions reduce reliance on legacy systems.
- Support the development teams' technical leads in both their tactical and strategic work to help ensure the team delivers a cohesive solution that is well-architected and designed in line with RoS engineering principles and best practices.
- Actively participate in the RoS architecture steering group and wider community, ensuring that the architectural and engineering principles and best practices are defined, understood, agreed and adhered to.
- Building and maintaining an agile culture of continuous delivery and improvement, with a focus on frequently releasing high quality, tested, working software.
- Championing ideas/changes/designs that you and/or the team believe are beneficial, influencing peers and key stakeholders as appropriate.
- Ensuring that developed software complies with non-functional requirements, such as accessibility, security, UI/UX, performance, maintainability, deployability, etc.
- Coaching and mentoring other team members
Significant commercial experience with the following technology:
- Advanced eFinancials
- Java, Spring
- API design
- AWS Lambda, S3, Cloud Formation, API Gateway, CDK, IAM
Significant and demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- Designing, gaining consensus, and implementing technical solutions for software development projects across multiple teams
- Ability to engage with stakeholders, understanding context and requirements, from diverse areas of a business including Product Management, Service Design, and Operations.
- Introduction of new or improved processes in development environments
- Using written, verbal, and visual communication to explain complex topics concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Designing and implementing solutions using service and event-based architectures
- Incrementally replacing enterprise legacy systems
- Working in Agile delivery models
- Defining infrastructure as code
- Document management and archiving solutions
- Corporate finance solutions
- Experience implementing the Microservice architecture pattern
- Experience with domain-driven design
- Deploying applications to cloud using PaaS and SaaS
- Knowledge of human-centred, research-driven, inclusive design practices
- Experience of using UI pattern libraries to achieve consistent, tested and high quality interfaces
- Experience of developing within GDS or Digital First (or similar) quality standards