Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: Up to £40,000.00 per year
Talent International are currently looking for a skilled developer with C#, .net and SQL to work on a 12 month fixed term contract for a well established Insurance company. You will be managing and maintaining their internal custom-built software/database.
This will require good interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels of the team using the software.
This is a stand-alone role which will provide an experienced developer with the opportunity to link in with Directors / senior managers within our business to understand their operational / systems requirements and develop, implement, and support an on-going programme of system improvements, identifying better solutions and supporting any systems migration.
A large focus for the improvement of their current systems to support the business to harness the data sources.
Data warehouse development and Power BI experience will also be beneficial to this role to be able to act as an expert on technical matters and on complex data sets available to the organisation.
Main Duties and Key Responsibilities
Development / Database Management and Reporting
- Ensure HOST (our internal software) including helpdesk web applications are stable, reliable, accurate and secure.
- Work with users and company directors to capture user requirements and design, develop, test and roll-out effective solutions to improve the databases and software in use.
- Provide solutions for user requirements and support any implementation and migration programmes
- Ensure work is fully documented and produced to a high standard
- Provide first line support to users for database and software issues
- Responsibility for data archiving to support data optimisation
- To model, design, manage and modify company SQL databases including Access Dimensions/Focal Point to meet user requirements and reporting.
- To provide regular update reports on bugs, fixes and end user enquires
Team / Collaborative Working
- Maintain high standards of professional conduct and personal appearance.
- Build strong, professional relationships with others to uphold our reputation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- To work as a positive team player, demonstrating mutual respect and integrity for others
- Collaborate with others to broaden knowledge and understanding.
- Demonstrate understanding of where own role fits into the team as a whole.
- Maintain open and effective communication at all levels within the business
Key Skills/ Experience Requirements
- Degree or professional qualification in Computer Science or IT related science subject
Knowledge / Experience
Minimum of three years' experience and up to date knowledge of the following:
- ASP.NET MVC / ASP.NET Core MVC.
- Microsoft Power BI
- Microsoft Dynamics
Personal Qualities / abilities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to build rapport with people quickly.
- Organised and highly adept at dealing with multiple priorities.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to document database models and any development projects
- Full clean UK driving licence - travel to our other office site may occasionally be required
- 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays rising to 22 days after 12 months and rising to 25 days in year 5.
- Workplace pension
- Life insurance
- Eye care vouchers
- Free car parking
- Subsidised on-site staff catering
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (required)
- United Kingdom (required)