Economist (Part Time hours)
- SC cleared in role
- Fully Remote Working
- Contract position (inside IR35)
- Duration: 28/07/21 - 14/01/22 - 2.5 days per week
- Deadline: 05/08/21 12 noon
About the Role
Working within the Policy and Engagement Division (P&E) this role is responsible for developing and authoring the Economic Case within the HAPI Business Case submission to HMT in line with the Green Book, Better Business Cases methodology and best practices.
This role will help to shape future position in the field of health and its impacts on society, ensuring that achievements during the coronavirus pandemic result in lasting benefits for ONS and the national statistical system.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
* Lead economic analysis to support the Health and Pandemic Insights (HAPI) Business Case
* Engage with HAPI colleagues and strategic partners, so that the economic case development is informed by evidence and lessons learnt from the Covid Infection Survey Programme
* Author the Economic part of the HAPI business case
* Provide expert advice in the development of the HAPI business case
* Ensure that the financial and economic data presented in the business case is robust and based on assumptions that have been signed off by stakeholders.
* Undergraduate degree in economics (mixed degrees should be at least 50% economics)
* Experience in conducting cost/benefit analysis and articulating in the context of Business Case development
* Excellent track record for producing and managing business cases for programmes and projects
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders
* Strong analytical skills including research and investigation, able to analyse and manipulate data for reporting
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate with colleagues of varying technical knowledge
* Excellent knowledge of the MS office suite
* Experience of writing complex business cases in line with the Green Book, Better Business Cases methodology and best practices