A key client of ours is seeking an embedded Python Software Engineer.
They developed an Edge Compute platform providing a secure end-to-end solution to run applications at the Edge.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced embedded software engineer to join a global technology company.
You will be involved in the software development for the edge computing wireless platform and be responsible for developing and maintaining the platform against a diverse and fast paced software roadmap.
The candidate will cover platform and networking development on an Embedded Linux platform.
* Minimum 5 years embedded software development.
* Strong IP networking background including IPv4, IPv6, DHCP, DNS, TLS, RESTful/MQTT
* Strong Linux networking background including firewalling (iptables + ebtables), bridges
* Strong Python 3 programming background including threading and networking
* Self-starter, team player, flexible, hands-on.
* Ability to communicate articulately, both verbally and in writing to colleagues and stakeholders.
* Advanced IP network experience including VPN, VLAN, VXLAN
* Advanced Linux network experience including virtual ethernets and namespaces
* Golang, C/C++ and/or Rust
* Security algorithms and frameworks, e.g. OpenSSL, Python 3 "cryptography" library, RSA, Elliptic Curve, SHA, AES
* Non-Ethernet networks such as WiFi (MLME procedures, wpa_supplicant, hostapd, Linux integration nand debug), Bluetooth, ZigBee, BACnet
* Linux kernel development, e.g. device drivers, data plane accelerators
* IoT cloud solutions, e.g. Azure, AWS, CGP
* Software virtualisation/containers, e.g. Docker, libcontainerd, KVM, Xen
* Experience of all aspect of software lifecycle, Agile projects.
* Atlassian Jira, confluence. TestRail.
* Validation through automated unit and feature tests.
* Networking qualifications, e.g. CCNA
* Cybersecurity qualifications, e.g. CCISP
reading, bristol, bath, london, manchester, cardiff, swindon, southampton, portsmouth