Embedded Engineer - Wifi - Linux - Networking - Remote - Contract
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced embedded software engineer to join a global technology company at our UK office. You will be involved in the software development for the edge computing wireless platform. Responsible for developing and maintaining the platform against a diverse and fast paced software roadmap. The candidate will cover platform and networking development on an Embedded Linux platform.
You will be reporting to software team lead within the UK organisation.
* Develop and test from feature requirements against agreed timescales.
* Work with key stakeholders to refine scope.
* Support backlog as part of continual product improvement.
* Attend standups, reporting status and highlighting blockers.
* Work with test team as part of feature development.
* Recommend product improvements based on previous experience and knowledge.
* Minimum 5 years embedded software development.
* Strong IP networking background including IPv4, IPv6, DHCP, DNS, TLS, RESTful/MQTT
* Strong Linux networking background including firewalling (iptables + ebtables), bridges
* Strong Python 3 programming background including threading and networking
* Self-starter, team player, flexible, hands-on.
* Ability to communicate articulately, both verbally and in writing to colleagues and stakeholders.
* Advanced IP network experience including VPN, VLAN, VXLAN
* Advanced Linux network experience including virtual ethernets and namespaces
* Golang, C/C++ and/or Rust
* Security algorithms and frameworks, e.g. OpenSSL, Python 3 cryptography library, RSA, Elliptic Curve, SHA, AES
* Non-Ethernet networks such as WiFi (MLME procedures, wpa_supplicant, hostapd, Linux integration nand debug), Bluetooth, ZigBee, BACnet
* Linux kernel development, e.g. device drivers, data plane accelerators
* IoT cloud solutions, e.g. Azure, AWS, CGP
* Software virtualisation/containers, e.g. Docker, libcontainerd, KVM, Xen
* Experience of all aspect of software lifecycle, Agile projects.
* Atlassian Jira, confluence. TestRail.
* Validation through automated unit and feature tests.
* Networking qualifications, e.g. CCNA
* Cybersecurity qualifications, e.g. CCISP
London, Reading, Bristol, Bath, Plymouth, Swindon