School Engagement Office Manager
£20 per hour
As a result of the success of this Survey, we have now been asked to take this survey into Primary and
Secondary schools across England starting November 2020 and running for the full length of the academic
year 2020/2021. Building on the original request to investigate: "To what extent do schools magnify
transmission in the community? ", the survey will aim to address "What is the role of schools in Sars-CoV-2
transmission, and how can transmission within and from school settings be minimised?"
Working closely with PHE and LSHTM, whilst similar to the household survey as described above, the
11/11/2020 Schools Engagement Manager - TP & Lateral - Civil Service Jobs - GOV.UK
Schools Survey will sample approx. 250 Primary and Secondary schools within England with an expected
response rate of approx. 60%.
All Primary school children will be tested for both antibodies and antigen (lower nasal swab and saliva test)
throughout the school terms whilst Secondary school students will be tested in 2 consecutive year groups.
All staff at the school will also be tested including axillary staff.
You will be working closing with the Grade 7 Schools Operations Manager and the operational delivery
support and our external partners IQVIA to ensure the survey commences on time, the continuation of the
survey throughout the academic year is successful, and field operations run smoothly and on time.
As a member of the CIS team you will work with senior colleagues to deliver a good quality, value for money
survey. You will help lead and enable a programme of work critical to this which will continue to meet the
requirements of the survey.
You will be part of the team working to deliver the CIS Schools Survey. This includes:
- Work closely with the SEO& Grade 7.
- Provide support to operational school infection survey management team.
- Play a key role in implementing and imbedding school infection survey.to the agreed timetables
- Managing a large group of remote workers.
- Day to day line management responsibilities
- When work decreases you will be expected to support HQ and household infection survey
- Working with colleagues to help establish and implement operational timetables, ramp up plans.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders.
- To continually deliver the requirements of the survey
- Identifying blockers and delivering solutions to enable delivery at pace.
- To be proactive, in a fast pace high intensity programme.
- Use own initiative, with the ability to follow instructions.
- Experience in assisting with managing complex stakeholder relations and customer demands
- Experience of working in a large -scale remote operation
- Experience of Incident and Risk Management including resolving issues and blockers at pace
- Experience of assisting with managing operational timetables, large scale ramp up plans and continuous improvement