£500-550 per day. Outside IR35
Remote for foreseeable/duration if needed.
An experienced Domain/Enterprise Architect is required to shape how technology is deployed to meet the key objectives of the organisation within the Other Registers domain
Identify, agree, and lead the implementation of technical solutions that:
- Complete the Alpha and Beta phases for the new Register of Persons Holding a Controlled Interest in Land (RCI).
- Replace the existing Registers of Inhibitions and Deeds use of the CAJR Application with a serverless cloud-based design.
- Provide options for a redesign of the Crofting Register.
- Allow for the retirement of the CoolICE platform in the Other Registers domain by March 31, 2022.
- Liaising with colleagues from Product Management, Service Design and Registration to identify technology solutions and to prioritise and shape the domain roadmap.
- Technical leadership to multiple software development teams, and to other domains, ensuring that technical solutions reduce reliance on legacy systems.
- Support the development teams' Tech leads in both their tactical and strategic work to help ensure the team delivers a cohesive solution that is well-architected and designed in line with RoS engineering principles and best practices.
- Actively participate in the RoS architecture steering group and wider community, ensuring that the architectural and engineering principles and best practices are defined, understood, agreed, and adhered to.
- Building and maintaining an agile culture of continuous delivery and improvement, with a focus on frequently releasing high quality, tested, working software.
- Championing ideas/changes/designs that you and/or the team believe are beneficial, influencing peers and key stakeholders as appropriate.
- Ensuring that developed software complies with non-functional requirements, such as accessibility, security, UI/UX, performance, maintainability, deployability, etc.
- Coaching and mentoring other team members
- Designing, gaining consensus, and implementing technical solutions for software development projects across multiple teams
- Ability to engage with stakeholders, understanding context and requirements, from diverse areas of a business including Product Management, Service Design, and Operations.
- Architecting systems that use spatial data
- Search and property identification mechanisms in the Register of Sasines and the Scottish Land Register
- Using written, verbal, and visual communication to explain complex topics concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Designing and implementing solutions using service and event-based architectures
- Incrementally replacing enterprise legacy systems
- Working in Agile delivery models
- Defining infrastructure as code
- Experience implementing microservices
- AWS API Gateway, Lambda, S3, Aurora/Postgres, CDK
- Experience with domain-driven design
- Knowledge of human-centred, research-driven, inclusive design practices
- Experience using UI pattern libraries to achieve consistent, tested, and high-quality interfaces
- Experience developing within GDS or Digital First (or similar) quality standards
- Experience with tools for unit testing, including system test automation frameworks
- Tools to support rapid development, iteration, and delivery