6 Months (possible extension)
Remote for foreseeable. When the risk of COVID infection is much reduced, we envision that many of the team and community activities will take place at our Edinburgh or Glasgow offices, for at least part of each week.
An experienced Domain/Enterprise Architect is required to shape how technology is deployed to meet the key objectives of the organisation within the Land Registration domain
Identify, agree, and lead the implementation of technical solutions that:
- Allow Dealing of Whole (DW) dispositions submitted via the new online Register Land and Property (RLP) process to be validated and settled.
- Allow Development Plan Approval (DPA) Transfer of Part (TP) dispositions submitted via the new online Register Land and Property (RLP) process to be validated and settled.
- Improve the proportion of Transfer of Part (TP) applications that can be automatically created from Digital Submissions.
- Remove the need for Sasine settlers to manually assign and track daily running numbers via spreadsheets.
- Allow Sasine Advance Notices to be validated and settled through a new interface
- Liaising with colleagues from Product Management, Service Design and Registration to identify technology solutions and to prioritise and shape the domain roadmap.
- Technical leadership to multiple software development teams ensuring that the technical solutions reduce reliance on legacy systems.
- Support the development teams' Tech leads in both their tactical and strategic work to help ensure the team delivers a cohesive solution that is well-architected and designed in line with engineering principles and best practices.
- Actively participate in the architecture steering group and wider community, ensuring that the architectural and engineering principles and best practices are defined, understood, agreed and adhered to.
- Building and maintaining an agile culture of continuous delivery and improvement, with a focus on frequently releasing high quality, tested, working software.
- Championing ideas/changes/designs that you and/or the team believe are beneficial, influencing peers and key stakeholders as appropriate.
- Ensuring that developed software complies with non-functional requirements, such as accessibility, security, UI/UX, performance, maintainability, deployability, etc.
- Coaching and mentoring other team members
- Modern Java Spring
- Spring boot Microservices
- Designing, gaining consensus, and implementing technical solutions for software development projects across multiple teams
- Ability to engage with stakeholders, understanding context and requirements, from diverse areas of a business including Product Management, Service Design, and Operations.
- Introduction of new or improved processes in development environments
- Knowledge of the Scottish Land Registration process
- Using written, verbal, and visual communication to explain complex topics concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Designing and implementing solutions using service and event-based architectures
- Incrementally replacing enterprise legacy systems
- Working in Agile delivery models
- Defining infrastructure as code
- Experience implementing the Microservice architecture pattern
- AWS Lambda, S3, Cloud Formation, Aurora/Postgres, API Gateway, CDK
- Experience with domain-driven design
- Deploying applications to cloud using PaaS and SaaS
- Knowledge of human-centred, research-driven, inclusive design practices
- Experience of using UI pattern libraries to achieve consistent, tested and high quality interfaces
- Experience of developing within GDS or Digital First (or similar) quality standards
- Experience with tools for unit testing, including system test automation frameworks
- Tools to support rapid development, iteration and delivery