Enterprise Architect / Rail & Transportation / Remote
My client is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses
The Intelligent Infrastructure Programme is a wide ranging national Digital Transformation programme that will address some fundamental issues with whole life management of assets within the Rail Industry. It seeks to exploit the investment that has already been made in asset management systems and data capture methods.
This provides decision makers and end users with actionable intelligence to prioritise work that is most critical to the operation of the railway. It will facilitate a move away from time-based, fix on fail maintenance methodologies, to regimes based on prediction and automation. These will be delivered through remote and automated monitoring, advanced data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
Key Responsibilities Of the Enterprise Architect
- Engage with business and technology stakeholders to map current business processes to proposed technology components.
- Communicate new technology needs for each project to the project development teams, including communicating initial ideas so developers can make their own suggestions about how to solve the problem.
- Design the structure of the project's new technology solutions, including the emerging technologies that development teams may use. Plan the resources needed to implement the new solution and identifying potential roadblocks.
- Oversee all the moving parts of the project architecture. Ensure different teams are working well together and accomplishing all objectives.
- Determine project scope before developers begin any major work. Conduct extra research on a client's existing systems and configurations to determine whether added time and work is necessary to align the project with enterprise-level systems. Identify areas where implementation may require more solutions to be successful.
- Provide progressive assurance of the delivery against the overall programme architecture. Measure overall performance and project success once a new technology has been implemented. If anything was missed during implementation, correct the oversight
- Strong stakeholder management within client organisation
- Business process mapping, business capability maps and value streams
- Analysing technology environment, technology evaluation & selection
- Solution design and prototyping
- Architecture SME & assurance
- Project & resource management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in rail/ infrastructure domain
- Experience with Asset management systems
Sector Experience: Rail Industry (preferred), Transportation, Infrastructure, Heavy Asset Industry
Enterprise Architect, Architect, Solution Architect, Business Architect