- Worcestershire, England
- £36000.00 - £41000.00 per annum
- Job Type
- Alex Devlin
£36,000 - £41,000 Per Year
Worcestershire - Hybrid
- To lead the Design, development and maintenance of new force ETL capabilities in support of the companies needs
- To offer proactive support to existing ETL activity, ensuring a good service to the force
- Capture and translate business requirements into specifications, then implement appropriate ETL jobs to provide the data required
- Adhere to IT change processes, acting as a conduit between IT and Strategy, Planning and Insight.
- Working with others to develop and document domain knowledge of key systems in support of maximising the value of the data available.
- To play a leading role in the strategic development of the ETL capabilities of the company
- Working with the Data Management function to understand and remediate data quality issues.
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post, as required.
- A solid understanding of Business Intelligence toolsets.
- Data literacy; development of domain knowledge.
- Knowledge of logical and physical data modelling concepts.
- Understanding of data integration issues (validation and cleaning), familiarity with complex data and structures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of analytical processes, techniques and skills.
- A degree or equivalent in an relevant field.
- Hands on development of ETL jobs, Specifically DataStage would be an advantage.
- Experience of data warehousing solutions would be an advantage.
- experience of data, and the needs of its users would be advantageous including knowledge of the National Intelligence Model (NIM) and other pertinent legislation to Intelligence (inc. RIPA and MoPI).
- Strong understanding of data transformation techniques.
- Business Objects Universe Development.
- PowerBI dataset development.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to produce and present concise reports.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.