Event Project Manager
Managing a multi-platform event (festival); both virtual and face-to-face.
- DBS before starting
- Remote or Newport/Titchfield
- Duration Until 31/03/22
- Rates are negotiable
- Inside IR35 contract
- Deadline: 29/09/21 12 Noon
The Festival will look at 'The Future of Data Science for Public Good' and will provide an opportunity for data scientists, analysts and those in roles that enable the delivery of data science across UK government and public sector to come together to share knowledge, make connections, formulate ideas and build capability.
The Festival will be delivered over a period of 2-3 weeks in March-April 2022 (TBC) and will be a hybrid format using a blend of virtual and face-to-face delivery for a programme of afternoon and evening sessions.
The Festival agenda will be supplemented by a programme of learning seminars. Face-to-face sessions will be delivered across the UK and we will seek to deliver these in partnership with other government departments or public sector partners, using venues provided by those partners.
The event manager will lead all aspects of the design, planning and delivery of the Festival. They will also be supported by volunteers to be recruited from the data science community. Further support will be provided by a Data Science business support team and others. The event project manager will design and manage the evaluation framework and contribute to the metrics upon which the Festival success will be measured.
- Understand the Festival requirements and develop a detailed project plan, identifying milestones and dependencies, and lead the timely delivery of all concurrent workstreams.
- Manage the event governance and risk management process, liaising with sponsors and steering committee as required for key decisions, updates and reports.
- Financial management of the Festival.
- Establish the online delivery platform and manage technical aspects.
- Assist in the identification and management of venues for face-to-face sessions (within current Covid restrictions).
- Lead a core project support team from a range of teams and partner organisations; ensure all team members understand their roles and expectations and effective communications channels are in place.
- Recruit and manage a wider group of cross-government volunteers.
- Lead engagement with a range of stakeholders at all levels, including delivery partners, volunteers, speakers etc.
- Lead the event content design process, managing the sift and selection process for session submissions and developing and managing the Festival programme.
- Work with the Campus Faculty and Academic Partnerships teams to develop and deliver a programme of learning seminars to be delivered throughout the Festival.
- Develop a communications plan, write and oversee the development of core comms, including delegate packs. Work with the comms team to publicise and promote the Festival.
- Lead the design and implementation of the event registration process.
- Oversee the logistics of session delivery on the day of events, ensuring all volunteer crew are fully briefed on their roles and ensuring effective crew communications channels are in place.
- Develop a framework to evaluate the event and capture lessons learned.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- Experience of managing multi-platform events from conception and planning through to delivery; both virtual and face-to-face.