- Newport, Wales
- £12 - £13 per hour + INSIDE IR35
- Job Type
- James Norval
Role location: Newport (remote working until COVID rules relax, you will be expected to work 1/2 days in onsite in the office in the future)
Pay: £13 per hour (self-employed contractor position, Inside IR35)
Duration: 6 months (likely to extend)
Deadline Friday 28th May at noon
As part of the Accounts Payable team you will be responsible for processing supplier invoices, matching them to purchase orders and liaising with the business and suppliers when resolving invoices that have been placed on hold.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager and sitting within the wider Finance, Planning and Performance (FPP) directorate you will be allocated a group of suppliers, for who, you will be the first point of contact in all aspects of payables matters. As a member of the Accounts Payable team you will participate in a weekly rota to encompass inbox monitoring, preparing documentation for payment runs and applying appropriate accounting treatment to invoices received that day. You will validate invoices processed by AP colleagues each day, providing assurance that data entry is accurate for each invoice before they are selected for payment. You will also reconcile supplier statements to invoices received and take action when necessary to ensure all outstanding supplier invoices have been received.
Invoices are processed on an Oracle Fusion finance system, you will be expected to review and update weekly excel reports when resolving invoices placed on payment hold and Sharepoint is used to create and share documents with the business.
Whilst flexible working is available, business needs must take priority and you will be expected to provide phone cover on specific days to meet stakeholder's expectations.
Experience of working within a payables ledger team. You should have good communication skills across all forms of media and be able to complete work with tight deadlines each day. Good team working skills are required as you will be sharing information and workload with fellow members of the AP team continually.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Responsibilities include:
* Entering supplier invoices onto the accounts payable ledger in a timely manner to meet Government Prompt Payment targets
* Validating colleagues invoice entry on a daily basis
* Completing the daily payment run by compiling all invoices to be paid and filing them once approved
* Monitoring the AP inbox and resolving or directing queries to the appropriate person
* Processing the daily post by assigning VAT, prepayment and fixed asset treatment to each invoice
* Reconciliation of supplier statements against invoices received
* Maintain the invoices on-old report ensuring that the information is accurate and timely: this will be reviewed each week
* Working flexibly across the team and adapting quickly to meet changing priorities and demands
* Query resolution through interaction with both procurement and external suppliers and providing ad-hoc support to finance colleagues
* Experience working within a payables ledger team
* Comfortable using Microsoft Excel and Sharepoint
* Have used Oracle Fusion for processing sub ledger transactions