Functional Tester - Any questions before applying please call 01173320836
SC clearance preferable (used within the last 12 months)
Reporting to a Test Manager you will be working as part of the Test Branch as part of a team of professional testers.
The role will be responsible for ensuring that systems, services and end to end processes are tested, integrated and operationally ready. The postholder will work closely with business leads within the Programme as well as internal and external developers and suppliers, to identify the resources required to perform testing, onboarding resources and leading them to deliver the test strategy that will fully test that the design is accurately implemented.
The role will also be responsible for the processes/controls and reporting to ensure that testing meets agreed quality standards for operational acceptance and all relevant stakeholders have visibility of testing progress and quality User Acceptance Testing and Quality Assurance within business departments.
Working with business areas to plan, co-ordinate and manage/facilitate testing (included interdependencies) you will ensure the agreed test strategy is correctly implemented by means of the following activities:
- Test planning co-ordination
- Test scheduling, including test plans, dependencies, people and products
- Identify, creating or obtaining test data
- Ensure all acceptance test resources and pre-requisites are in place
- Ensuring test scenarios, including prioritising test paths with expected outcomes and acceptance criteria are in place.
- Risk identification and management
- Test implementation whilst maintaining oversight of testing quality.
- Assurance against SLAs and functional/non-functional requirements
- Production of evidence to support monitoring of operational readiness through delivery of entry / exit criteria via formal gateways
- Identifying and onboarding resources to deliver testing.
- To analyse and review user requirements, specifications and models for testability.
- Responsible for the production of test plans, test conditions, scenarios, scripts, and the identification and extraction of custom data for use in testing.
- To ensure that User Acceptance Testing is conducted on the appropriate Test Environment against approved product releases, according to the delivery plan.
- Collation and reporting of all test results.
- To quality assure internal and external supplier testing.
- To provide support to business testers during test execution to run tests, evaluate and record results and to raise defects.
- To coach and mentor business testers in the risk-based and scenario-driven approach to Acceptance Testing.
- To facilitate business test leads and Product Owners during the agile development lifecycle.
- Acting as a Test Lead within a team.
- Proven ability to remain positive and focused under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to identify key information from various sources of data.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a proven record of establishing, building and maintaining relationships.
- Working in a fast-paced environment and ability to adapt to a new and ever-changing working environment.
- Responding quickly and decisively to changing circumstances and to a tight timetable
- ISTQB Test Foundation Certification or 3+ years' experience in a testing role.
- Software / Web application testing
- QA/Testing methodologies with software development lifecycle (SDLC) understanding
- Hands-on User Acceptance Testing planning and coordination
- Experience using JIRA
- Statistical Analysis and Data Flow Testing
- Agile Scrum delivery methodology