Graduate Software Engineer / Developer (.NET)
Central Government Consultancy.
Permanent - Remote Working
£25,000-£35,000 - Depending on Experience
An exciting opportunity has arise to work at Talent Consulting for a Graduate software Engineer / Developer.
We are Talent Consulting. We design and build better, bolder and inclusive digital solutions for the Public Sector. We work in an agile, iterative way.
Due to a large number of Central Government Digital contracts which we have won, we are looking to continue on our growth journey in 2022 with an Graduate Software Engineer / Developer on a permanent basis.
The role will see you working with one of our Central Government contracts on a very high-profile and highly visible digital programme working alongside Talent Consulting's Digital Programme team.
What can you expect from us?
A career with Talent Consulting gives you the opportunity to work with industry experts in the development field across a number of high profile government digital projects. You will be mentored by one of our senior Developers and/or architect team and enjoy a wide range of internal and external training courses to maximise your potential. We offer an inclusive and forward thinking culture and embrace new ways of working and technologies
Responsibilities for Graduate Software Engineer / Developer:
- For building synchronous and asynchronous services, serving a variety of citizen and government systems, with the ownership for the quality of code you produce.
- You will take ownership for the tasks assigned from the backlog, writing clean, simple and test driven code
- You will take part in the agile process, sharing thoughts on code, reviewing code with colleagues through standard GIT practices.
- Attendance at all the agile ceremonies our client requires, for example, Daily stand ups, Backlog reviews, Story pointing and retrospectives
- You will work alongside our dev-ops and senior developers to help maintain and deploy the code you write.
- Alongside this, you will be building automated tests to support our continuous deployment environment as well as share knowledge of your work to the wider team, both technical and non-technical.
Requirements for Graduate Software Engineer / Developer:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field, or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training.
- TDD and Agile working practices
- C# netcore, SOLID principals
- Team player and able to deliver enterprise level solutions
- Strong communicator, and able to deliver on the task being worked on
- Shares knowledge with the team
If this is something you feel suited to and would like to apply, please send in your up to date CV ASAP.