Application Development Manager
Application development Manager with an extensive track record of software development experience and people management with good communication skills, required to lead an application software development function within payments Platform application using agile development practices.
Involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle working with clients, product managers, analysts, architects and engineers to plan, design, develop, test and implement information technology solutions consistent with the business objective:
- Provide guidance to team members on software development best practices including (but not limited to) testable software, continuous integration, design patterns, architectual principle, SCRUM and the SOLID design principles
- Provide Performance management and coaching to team members including helping set guidance; direction with regular checkpoints on their progress during the fiscal year
- Help team members grow their product, technical and technology knowledge and skills, creating an environment for continuous learning.
- Be confortable with challenging the status-quo and to create a continuous improvement culture
- Participate in conceptual feature designs
- Assist team members to participate effectively in relevant aspects of the software development lifecycle including planning, construction, testing, reviews, demonstrations.
- Collaborate with teams to design, develop, test and refine deliverables
- Collaborate with clients, product managers, architects and analysts to develop and review requirements and designs
- Review conceptual and physical design specifications that address requirements
- Act as an expert source of technology and application knowledge
- Research and be familiar with new application development techniques
- Collaborate with the Technical Architecture team on technical considerations and impacts
- Collaborate with the Performance testing team to ensure that application designs are performance tested to the expected medium term threshold.
- Externsive track record of software development designing products and features required.
- Proven track record in managing software development teams
- Proven experience in building complex business solutions, experience in payroll a bonus.
- Good understanding of C# and .Net framework.
- A solid understanding of software development concepts
- Passionate about the Agile Software Development principles, patterns and behaviours
- Able to communicate ideas well, as well as work through complex issues.
- Capable of researching and diving into the unknown on your own as well as working through and discussing solutions with team members.
- Ideally qualified to degree-level.
- Broad knowledge of business and technology
- Wide experience in building effective relationships and leadership
- Self-starter, can take direction and execute it effectively with a "can do" attitude
- Able to manage priorities based on business needs and project schedules
- Can work closely with Subject Matter Experts in the wider team (onshore and offshore) to gain knowledge of affected functional area
- Lead software developers in performing their duties, providing advise and guidance as appropriate.
- Agile methodologies are used on all project teams. The successful candidate must be happy expressing requirements and documentations using concise methods early in the project life cycle (SharePoint, Wiki entries, etc.)
- This will involve interaction with US & India teams. Hours will generally be 9 to 5 but the applicant must be flexible in case the requirements of the project means they need to outside of these hours.
- Needed to have worked on solutions for 50,000 plus users
- This role will involve interaction with our overseas teams. Hours will generally be 9 to 5 but the applicant must be flexible in case the requirements of the project means they need to be available outside of these hours.
- Must be available to travel if required.