My client in Manchester have a genuinely exciting opportuinity for an established Head of Data Science to lead their 4 teams of Data Scientists.
*This role will be remote but there are quarterly meetings in their Manchester office which you would be expected to attend*
They have a hard working and professional culture but believe in having fun.
The Role - Head of Data Science
They are looking for an outstanding leader to spearhead the growth and development of their data science team. As Head of Data Science, you will lead a department of skilled engineers to deliver outstanding solutions to the most interesting problems in data/cybersecurity. You will feel comfortable working in an agile way, taking ownership of data science strategy, effectiveness, delivery, and quality. You will grow, nurture, and develop your team and encourage them to explore their full potential. This is a mainly hands-off role, but you should feel confident talking about data science technology with internal and external stakeholders and partners. You will be passionate about data and understand how it can be used to deliver value to customers.
- Leads Data Science innovation within the business, empowers the Data Science team to innovate and develop the product, ensuring alignment with companywide vision and strategies
- Works as part of the Design Authority to define the technical architecture to meet the short- and medium-term needs of the product; validate decisions around new technology; future gaze to prepare for longer term needs or challenges of the product
- A technical background with Spark, Databricks, Python and SQL.
- Leads on technical delivery of complex and high value Data Science projects
- A key voice for Data Science across the company promoting understanding of working patterns and technical implementations, encouraging collaboration across teams
- Delivery of industry leading Data Science solutions for them.
- Work planning, ensuring Lead Data Scientists have clear and timely steer on product/technical sprint goals
- Customer and PoC support
- Research and personal development
- Drive technical development of product from a Data Science perspective
- Champion and encourage best practise throughout the DS team
- Align with delivery team
- Thought leadership
There are a number of generous benefits on offer including Private medical insurance and share options for 2023.
The salary is up to £130K + benefits DOE.
If this sounds like something you'd like to learn more about then please apply for more information and I will be in touch with suitable candidates.