Head of Delivery
Initially 6 Months. Up to 23 Months.
Remote for the foreseeable. When offices open, specialist may have to attend Glasgow office as required. A large proportion of the week will be remote.
What will the specialist work on:
- Manage internal and external dependencies, and ensure that Disclosure Scotland (DS) Business Plan dependencies are identified and strategies are included as part of overall delivery.
- Remove blockers and manage risks, commercials, budgets
- Be responsible for understanding, managing and communicating between stakeholder groups
- Be the initial escalation point for the programme
- Manage the relationship with key supplier
- Ensure Governance is effectively implemented and maintained
- Provides updates to DS's Change Delivery Advisory Board and other relevant Advisory panels
- Provide budgetary and financial controls
- Provide input to risk committees ensuring that Programme action plans are managed
- Management of Gateway and Digital First Reviews
- Significant leadership experience at a high level in a large and complex organisation
- Proven experience of delivering complex programmes of work in high pressure, high profile environments
- Proven strategic and thought leadership skills, with the ability to handle complexity, show imagination and inspire staff through periods of uncertainty
- An inspiring and confident communicator who will establish and maintain strong, influential relationships with a range of stakeholders at a senior level
- The ability to work under pressure and deliver improvement to the way that performance is managed, to drive quality standards and to facilitate the sharing of good practice across organisation
- Proven ability to manage and communicate strategic risks arising from technical activities.
- Experience in managing and mitigating information risks at a corporate level.
- Significant experience in leading the technical workstreams of large-scale IT managed services (both in-house and outsourced) and transformation.
- Expert in the systems development lifecycle from discovery through to service operation and successful service implementation.
- Proven experience in 3rd party contract management and procurement
- Proven experience in budget and financial management.
- Show experience of Gateway Delivery and Digital First Reviews