- London, England
- £600 - £650 per day
- Job Type
- Darcy Turner
I am actively working with an industry-leading Agile Software Delivery consultancy. I am currently looking for a Head of Development to lead a number of programmes within one of our key clients. This delivery is OUTSIDE of IR35.
Day rate on offer £600/625pd // Duration is 1/5 years, part remote.
● Demonstrable experience of building and leading development capabilities to support programme delivery in a multi-vendor landscape.
● Demonstrable experience of developing and owning Development process outputs, and presenting these through senior management meetings and governance boards.
● Demonstrable experience of taking ownership and setting direction for delivery teams to comply with Development constraints and guidelines.
● Demonstrable experience of developing Software Development Standards documents within the last 5 years, specifically in an Agile, Java and Open Source deliveryJava, Microservices, CQRS, Event Sourcing and 3rd party interfaces/integrations.
● Ability to show where you have led a large group of Developers to create a single integrated application within a large-scale Agile delivery.
● Demonstrable experience of managing branching and merging with a single code base from multiple release trains to ensure regular releases via a single release/deployment pipeline.
● Demonstrable experience of where you have led the re-engineering of previously built large, monolithic systems into simplified microservices.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience of developing the principles, standards, ways of working and standard operating procedures and roadmaps consistent with best practice, including using DDD (3%).
- Demonstrable experience of Open Source tools and technologies (i.e. Wildfly, Artamis) and working on a public cloud, in particular Azure (2%).
- Demonstrable experience of working within a Software Delivery service in the Public sector.
- Demonstrable experience of working with Business Product Owners, Business Analysts, Business Architects, Full Stack Developers and Quality Assurance/Testing Leads.
- Demonstrable experience in wider software development, e.g. CICD, DevOps (2%).
- demonstrable experience of managing a complex stakeholder environment, including senior stakeholder management and ensuring proper governance (2%)
If you are interested, apply via the link or send me an email.