Head of Engineering
I am currently working on a new exclusive role for one of innovative medical devices companies based in Windsor who are going through a really exciting transformation and now looking for a new Head of Engineering to join at this phase of their scale up. As a Head of Engineering you will be at the forefront of a multi-disciplinary team across the entire life cycle of development projects. You will lead and provide technical insight to a multinational team based in 3 geographies.
They are looking for someone with a broad range of technical knowledge and the ability to fault find, troubleshoot and predict and mitigate technical systems problems. You will own the planning, delivery & testing of technology solutions that are broad and complex, incorporating multiple design disciplines and technologies including embedded software, electronic hardware, mechanical design, digital software development and cloud-based products.
You will have responsibility for budgeting, spend management & delivery process in R&D. I need someone with experience in the design and integration of electro-mechanical systems in the medical device industry or a similar highly regulated industry, bringing new ideas to fruition in a timely manner to the required standards and costs.
- At least 5 to 10 years' experience in the design and integration of electro-mechanical systems in the medical device industry or a similar highly regulated industry, bringing new ideas to fruition in a timely manner to the required standards and costs.
- Experience in managing, planning, budgeting a skilled, multi-disciplinary and multinational technical team.
- Degree, HND/HNC or Level 3 or above NVQ in Electronics or Systems Engineering.
- Strong track record of delivering significant business change and improvement.
- Demonstrates a good understanding at a systems level and considers electronic, software and optical challenges, reliability, usability and maintenance requirements.
- Positive, professional and proactive - someone who will be a technical leader in every sense of the word for the R&D team, establishing a culture of creativity, respect and productivity.
- A strong communicator with good interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels within the business as well as external contractors and customers. You should be able to communicate complex technical ideas in a manner easy to understand by anyone within the business.
This role will require you to be in the office once a week - the office is based in Windsor.
If you are interested please apply with a copy of your CV and I will be in touch to discuss the opportunity further in the highest confidence.