- Head of IT Commercial
- Management of IT Commercial, Commercial & Procurement
- Permanent, 60-75K + Package
- Multiple offices across the UK - Exeter, Bristol, Birmingham, Surrey, Leeds, Manchester
Talent are working with a transport partner, we are currently recruiting for a Head of IT Commercial with multiple offices around the UK but will need to go to the Birmingham office 1-2 times a month.
You will support excellence in commercial delivery, procurement strategy, requirements definition, whole life cost management, value delivery, commercial management, supplier relationship management, commercial dispute avoidance and commercial performance management.
We are looking for a Head of IT Commercial who will be responsible for but not limited to:
- To manage, identify, secure and lead people from a range of disciplines to enable effective delivery of IT Commercial support to IT Commercial Procurement. Take responsibility for the development, review, negotiation, execution of contracts and the commercial management of related suppliers.
- Contribute towards supplier cost savings targets, and initiatives delivered that increase efficiency whilst maintaining performance and risk management .
- Provide commercial support and guidance to a range of stakeholders, ensuring "best outcome" commercial solutions are delivered in line with Highways England objectives, Commercial/Procurement and Category strategies.
- Deliver expert advice and guidance on procurement and commercial ensuring the enactment of sound governance and practice, acting as the conduit for the passage of knowledge and best practice to and from CPD.
- Ensure the creation of positive supplier relationships, encouraging innovation, creation of "value add" solutions, and a strong customer service ethic .
- Monitor, implement and report on compliance with contractual processes and project performance elevating issues where appropriate. Contributing to the building of a culture of continuous improvement.
- Deal with complex contract and procurement documents and be able to provide guidance to others on their meaning and use.
- To ensure that all procurement professionals wherever they work understand and work within agreed contract and financial delegations and manage governance.
- To build excellent collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders to support delivery.
The role will suit a Head of IT Commercial who has:
- Significant experience in delivering procurement and commercial services at a senior level in an Operational Systems environment
- Proven corporate leadership experience and significant experience of developing high performing teams and motivating people
- Manage contract variations, providing practical advice and strategic direction
- Work collaboratively across a range of stakeholders to support stakeholder management and gain buy-in using appropriate communication channels articulating requirements and potential commercial solutions
- Develop category strategies, product road maps and sourcing plans
- Work with stakeholders, engaging effectively and intelligently to define sourcing options available
- Understand, follow & apply the procurement process and policies
- Cultivate and encourage an awareness of cost, using clear simple examples of benefits and how to measure outcomes
- Enable valued and measurable improvements and culture change across IT Commercial to improve performance
- Experience of the public sector procurement process and legislation.
If you have the right experience and this role sounds of interest, please don't hesitate to send in your CV.